Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Convinced That Conceicao Should Be Tougher Matchup "Stylistically" Than Valdez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Convinced That Conceicao Should Be Tougher Matchup "Stylistically" Than Valdez

Initially, Shakur Stevenson exuded an overwhelming amount of confidence in Oscar Valdez's ability to get the job done against Robson Conceicao. However, as the two locked horns during their September of 2021 showdown, Stevenson (18-0, 9 KOs) was stunned by the manner in which Conceicao was dominating the former two-division belt holder.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Should be very technical, a Gold Medalist vs a Silver medalist. Top notch competition.

Comment

Get the "W" and don't worry about anything else! You're not Tank, you're not Loma, you're not Devin, you're Shakur Stevenson! Be yourself! Brick City Stand Up!

Comment

I hope it’s a good match up

Comment

KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

This is another banana peel fight. Shakur shouldn't—but he could—screw this fight up. It has all the right ingredients to be a less than spectacular showing for Shakur. First, he's coming off the best win of his career, the fight the wanted for years, the fight that introduced him to a much wider audience. He'll be riding high on that win, which can lead to overconfidence. Second, he's back home, around old friends and family. He's never had as many distractions as he has now. Usually, you want to get away from that stuff, not go into it. I saw a video where he's back home, hanging out with people. That's going to take away from his performance, not help it.

Aside from improving quite a bit, Robson fights up to the challenge. This is likely the best Robson we've ever seen, and his combination punching could be a problem for Shakur's counterpunching.

Do I think Shakur will lose? No. Do I think Shakur will look beatable in this fight? Yes.
            ecuasionz ecuasionz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
              This is another banana peel fight. Shakur shouldn't—but he could—screw this fight up. It has all the right ingredients to be a less than spectacular showing for Shakur. First, he's coming off the best win of his career, the fight the wanted for years, the fight that introduced him to a much wider audience. He'll be riding high on that win, which can lead to overconfidence. Second, he's back home, around old friends and family. He's never had as many distractions as he has now. Usually, you want to get away from that stuff, not go into it. I saw a video where he's back home, hanging out with people. That's going to take away from his performance, not help it.

Aside from improving quite a bit, Robson fights up to the challenge. This is likely the best Robson we've ever seen, and his combination punching could be a problem for Shakur's counterpunching.

Do I think Shakur will lose? No. Do I think Shakur will look beatable in this fight? Yes.
              LOL! Speak of the devil ... Right?

I'm on Youtube, watching the REAL TIME promotion series from Top Rank for this fight, and wouldn't you know it. Exactly what I'm talking about with regard to distractions at home, all that BS you encounter when going back:

Exactly what I'm talking about. Check out the 4:10 minute mark in the video.

Comment

I’ve noticed Shakur has a really small head lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

So I read you long ass comment yesterday and admitted there was some logic and reasoning, and some of those things were a possibility. So, when I read he missed weight today, I remembered your long ass comment and wanted to tell you, it aged well so far. I still think Stevenson wins by UD, but his opponent may frustrate him a bit. Good news is we got a new player in the lightweight division.
                  Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ecuasionz View Post

So I read you long ass comment yesterday and admitted there was some logic and reasoning, and some of those things were a possibility. So, when I read he missed weight today, I remembered your long ass comment and wanted to tell you, it aged well so far. I still think Stevenson wins by UD, but his opponent may frustrate him a bit. Good news is we got a new player in the lightweight division.
                    Yeah. You see this happen in sports time and time again. Or in any competitive endeavor but in particular competitive sports. Robson is no slouch, and I'd expect Shakur to be giving it 1,000 percent. But I remember seen a video of him walking around, and he looked hell of soft. You know, where's there's no muscle definition really. And I remember wondering how far out from this fight he was at the time because that was a crap load of weight to lose. My opinion, but I don't think his eating habits between fights is helping him, and if he doesn't change something, this is going to happen again at 135.

Comment

Working...
                    X