Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Golovkin vs Canelo III Vindicate Sanchez As A Trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Golovkin vs Canelo III Vindicate Sanchez As A Trainer?

For awhile, Able Sanchez was critical of Golovkin's training with Banks, not because he was training with Banks but because Banks was training Golovkin to be more of a boxer. Able said "that's not who Golovkin is." "He's someone who comes forward," said Sanchez. "He puts pressure on the opponent, breaks them down by coming forward, not by boxing on the outside."

Sure enough, we see Golovkin trying to box on the outside, and we were all underwhelmed. It looked like an ancient Golovkin. Then, in round seven or eight, Golovkin starts marching forward, standing in the pocket. As soon as he does that, he starts winning rounds. In other words, he started fighting like an Able Sanchez Golovkin.

I think this vindicates Able. He knew Golovkin better than Golovkin knew himself. Anyone else see this?
    RoadOfTheGypsy RoadOfTheGypsy likes this.

I never liked Abel as a trainer, but he was a good pairing for Golovkin. I thought G with Banks has been a bad pairing since the start
    Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

I never rated Banks as a trainer. Wlad didn’t look the same under him - albit he was older than under Steward.
      I think once GGG was hard done by judges in the first two Canelo fights, he realised it is not about winning for him anymore, but about money. Banks is way cheaper than Abel.

Comment

the opposite. He didn't empathize with his fighter's boxing plan in fight 2, he insisted GGG be a meathead and push forward on Canelo who was hurting him to the body. What does that say about mentally Disabled Sanchez? he only cares about MEXICAN(LOW IQ) STYLE

GGG boxed as beautifully as he could've at 40 yrs old. took minimal damage. made a late run. took a prime p4p roid monster puncher to distance.

Sanchez would've got GGG knocked out viciously at this stage. Very low IQ.

Mentally disabled sanchez also said Bivol is EASY WORK for Canelo. How could this mental patient ever be a trainer?
        Last edited by HeadShots; 09-18-2022, 03:37 PM.

Comment

GGG is happy with his performance.

young prime SMV champions got their facial bones shattered by Canelo. GGG walked away damage free, not even hurt and 30 mil richer.

Banks did a great job.

Comment

Heck yea Banks is a horrible trainer Abel is a proven great trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              GGG is happy with his performance.

young prime SMV champions got their facial bones shattered by Canelo. GGG walked away damage free, not even hurt and 30 mil richer.

Banks did a great job.
              Banks is trash just like Cunningham, Wards trainer too forgot his bum ass name and Bomack all horrible weak ass trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post

Banks is trash just like Cunningham, Wards trainer too forgot his bum ass name and Bomack all horrible weak ass trainers.

Banks is good. GGG walked away damage free without running. He boxed as good as he could've at this stage of his career.

Comment

GGG was clearly better with Sanchez.

GGG dumped Sanchez because he wouldn’t go along with the robbery claims of the rematch and said GGG didn’t fight follow their gameplan and they can’t just claim robbery every single time.

So GGG dumped him, and GGG has been worse ever since. I thought GGG looked good in the rematch vs Canelo, but Canelo just looked better, came forward, threw and landed more power punches.

I actually felt both fighters looked worse in the trilogy than ever before, GGG just looked even worse than Canelo. Canelo did more, in more rounds, about 8 rounds, so he won. But they both looked worse than their 1st and 2nd fights. GGG has consistently looked bad though after the rematch. Consistently. Completely different (worse) fighter with Banks.

Sanchez really helped GGG professionally, with advertising and with development and gameplans.

Age is a factor, but it’s no coincidence that GGG looks more passive with Banks also.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post

Banks is good. GGG walked away damage free without running. He boxed as good as he could've at this stage of his career.
                    Hell naw banks is trash he don't know **** about boxing

Comment

Working...
                    X