Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can all my fellow PRicans FINALLY admit that Floyd would EMBARRASS Cotto?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Navyboxer1109 View Post
    Floyd is good, no doubt....but....lets's get a little more specific about what we saw last night.

First, floyd's style was not suited for a boxer like JMM, and Cotto is not JMM, and he's a much better boxer than you're giving him credit for. His power and defensive skills are a factor that makes quite a difference with talking about "power" that JMM lacked. Hatton got KTFO by Floyd, true, but he pressured Floyd much more effectively than JMM ever could. Floyd's speed was more than JMM could handle, true, but JMM's a boxer that relies more on counterpunching than forward movement, so it's obvious that with a guy like floyd, he didn't stand a chance, because Floyd capitalizes on your mistakes, by making his own, and if JMM would have cut the distance like Ricky did, maybe he would've stood a better chance of winning maybe one or two rounds...though not the fight.

Second, again, the fact that JMM was always, and still remains the small man, coming up from a lighter weight, has a lot to do with it too, and throw in the fact that Floyd was probably weighing about 155 to 159 pounds for ths fight, no doubt about it. Cotto is much, much larger and heavier than JMM and won't be intimidated by Floyd's power (which isn't much against a bigger man) and by Floyd's speed, because being just as big or bigger, Cotto will pressure him and mess up most of his timing.

I'm not saying that Cotto will win for sure, but for you to say that Floyd will embarrass him, is rediculous, because Floyd ducks bigger fighters and it's common knowledge..Margarito, Cotto, Mosely, etc. Hate on Cotto all you want, it's your prerogative, but be fair about his skills and don't make it look like he's less than a great fighter, because he is one.
    Nuff said
    Great ****ing post my man, green!!k!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
      And yes and you didnt explain ****!!!!!

This is simple, what things have gave mayweathe problems in his toughest fights?
      1.Body Punching and pressure - Cotto can do both very well.
      2.Popping a cosistant jab.- Cotto does that also.
      3.Timming - We all know Cotto have great timming.

Does 3 things alone have gave Mayweather problems and Cotto does them very well!!!

To say he gets embarras by FLoyd is nonsense and ridiculous!!!!!
      Dude, I specifically explained why Floyd capitalize on those things you mentioned:

Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
      That jab Floyd popped against JMM will be there ALL night against Cotto, and if JMM couldn't counter over it, Cotto sure as hell won't. If Cotto tries to pressure him (which he should do, but I doubt he will because now he seems to prefer moving around the ring), Floyd would back up quickly and keep Cotto at bay with his jabs, straight rights, and left hooks. If Cotto tries to attack the body, he'd leave his face wide open and Floyd would counter him to death.
      As for Cotto's jab, it's not faster than Floyd's straight right. He'd counter Cotto all day with that one, and we all know Cotto leaves himself open.

Comment

My god, why has this even dragged on so long? It's too simple to me:

If Cotto boxes, he's done. He could never outbox Floyd.

If Cotto pressures, Floyd picks him off and counters him.

I honestly believe it's that simple.

Comment

i dont know where yall get the idea cotto is slow, go look at cotto vs margarito up till marg broke him down (which floyd cant do) cotto was dancing and making him miss A LOT cottos defense consist of movement and he is great at it go watch some fights cause yall dumb

Comment

Such as? Why am I the ONLY one taking strategy on this topic?
            What ****ing startegy?

You are just ****ting or Cotto that he cant do this and that, and that he sucks and his defense is below average this and that.

Thats not strateguy thats just plain hate, dude.

Just admit it so we can move on!!!!!!

Comment

Also, don't take my use of the word "embarrass" too seriously, as if I mean that Cotto won't land 5 punches in the whole fight. I say embarrass as in dominate, or clearly beat. However, I believe that in this case, those two outcomes would mean an embarrassment, because Cotto will have MANY people who pick him to win.

Comment

LMAO jajajajaajjaja Dude you are smoking some good ****!!!!

Floyds fighst at WW

1.Mitchell - former LW TKO6
                2.Baldomir -real WW - UD
                3.Judah - Real WW - UD
                4.Hatton - JWW-TKO10
                5.JMM - LW -UD

Look how he did whe he fought real WWs!!!!
                judah was on his way out until he started lowblowed floyd the same way cotto did judah ironic ain't it lol.

Comment

Such as? Why am I the ONLY one taking strategy on this topic?
                  faster, stronger, younger, more reach, better body puncher, switch hitter,...

Comment

Know you guys believe me.

he dont believe teh **** he is typing, he is just butthurt beause Cotto was a ass to him and his girlfriend!!!!
                    Dude been talking **** about Cotto here for a while. I'm not saying Cotto beats Floyd but saying Floyd embarasses him after last night fight vs a LW is crazy. El tipo esta fumando de la buena.

Comment

What ****ing startegy?

You are just ****ting or Cotto that he cant do this and that, and that he sucks and his defense is below average this and that.

Thats not strateguy thats just plain hate, dude.

Just admit it so we can move on!!!!!!
                      Fine, do you want me to talk about what Cotto CAN do? Le't's go.

He's good at cutting off the ring and attacking the body. He has better-than-average boxing skills for a pressure fighter. His body punching can be extremely damaging to his opponents. He has a good jab which he uses to control distance.

Now, my main point is that Floyd would take away all those strenghts. How?

He has faster hands and feet than Cotto, so if Cotto tries to cut off the ring, he'd get out of the way quickly, and keep Cotto at bay with his one-and-done punching style. Cotto might have good boxing skills, but Floyd's are much better, and this I dont even have to explain. Despite what a good body puncher he is, Floyd covers up so well that he would either block or slip most of Cotto's body punches. As good as Cotto's jab is, Floyd's lead right is better, and it would land consistently over Cotto's jab, this helped out by the fact that Cotto leaves himself open way too much.

Comment

Working...
                      X