Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Former Middleweight Titlist David Lemieux Announces Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post
    Probaly the hardest punching middleweight of the last few years just in terms of one punch. His knockouts over Curtis Stevens and osullivan were deadly. Just not very good technically. Poor feet and poor balance etc that let him down
    His power took him but so far. He thought everyone would fall to it.
    Above average guys were able to neutralize it.

Nice enough guy who did the most with what he had to work with. Similar to Gatti.

Comment

Canelo really screwed him out of his career high payday

Comment

He had a good boxing career, won a world title, didn't duck anyone.

Golovkin and Benavidez were not losses to be ashamed of. God bless him and his family.
        Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

Enjoy retirement champ.

Comment

First and foremost, Rest In Peace to his Dad... Secondly, Thank You David Lemieux - for all the blood, sweat, and tears you gave to the sport of boxing. Now it's time to spend time with your family Champ.

Comment

Not elite, and regardless of his punching power, he never hit the spot against top opponents. Enjoy retirement.
              Goatintheboat Goatintheboat likes this.

Comment

He had a great run and could hit with that killer power. Best wishes to David Lemieux!!

Comment

RIP to your father and enjoy retirement. There came a time where anytime I read David Lemieux vs XXXXXXX, I was like, I don't care who he's fighting, I'm watching. He became a must see athlete in boxing since there was usually drama in his bouts.

Comment

If you didn't want to watch Lemiuex fight, you don't appreciate boxing. All the drama you could ask for. Phenomenal punching power and yet vulnerable. And against great boxers he showcased the levels to the Sweet Science - how great boxing fundamentals, ring generalship, balance, head movement, a great jab, etc can diffuse even the most devastating puncher that's on a lower technical level. I remember the first time I saw David fight - against Fernando Guerrero - and I knew I had to keep watching him. That was the first in a long line of exciting fights for the devastating puncher from Laval. Thanks for the great performances and highlight reel knockouts, David! Enjoy your retirement. Rest in peace to your dad.

Comment

Surely he was retired after the BJS humiliation? He may have been IBF champion but that performance showed he never should have been.

Comment

Working...
                      X