Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: In Heavyweight Boxing, UK vs. Ukraine Is Becoming an Enduring Thing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    People see the fight as, UK or West vs a another Eastern European fighter.

All this eastern European fighters have positive stereotypes that people automatically associate with them.

Highly technical, and extremely tough. Notice how the media has been praising Usyk technical abilities, there is just no point in Joshua even trying to box him.

Even though he won quite a few rounds in the first fight doing just that. I think Joshua needs to be more aggressive, but also mixed the ranges and intensities up.

Great fight. Usyk is a unprecedented talent.
    UK is just not very good at boxing

UK vs usa

UK vs Eastern Europe

UK vs Mexico

UK will almost always lose

Comment

Originally posted by PrimadonnaKool View Post
      And UK always loses.

Vitali beat Lewis into retirement and humiliated him
      Prime Vitali wobbled a 37-year-old Lewis in an early round. Then Lewis came right back at him opened his face up so bad that no one would let him continue. Vitali was an excellent fighter and it was a brilliant fight, both men landing bombs... and Lewis won fair and square; he left Vitali's face looking like a disaster zone. No humiliation whatsoever and no reason at all that at 38 he should have been obligated to fight again.

Wlad got so befuddled by Fury that he couldn't find the nerve to throw a punch and quietly handed over his belts. Wlad was a great champion, but that was a humiliating way to end his reign.
      gluvsup gluvsup likes this.

Comment

In heavyweight boxing, the major fights of UK v Russ...I mean Ukraine are:

Lewis TKO Vitali
        Wlad UD Haye
        Fury UD Wlad
        AJ KO Wlad
        Usyk UD AJ

3-2 to the UK in major fights.

Comment

The Ukraine doesn't produce enough heavyweight greatness for this to last.
          The Klitschkos were an anomaly by any standard in boxing.
          Usyk is special.
          I think this rivalry dies with Usyk-Fury or Usyk-Joshua.
          REDEEMER REDEEMER likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

Prime Vitali wobbled a 37-year-old Lewis in an early round. Then Lewis came right back at him opened his face up so bad that no one would let him continue. Vitali was an excellent fighter and it was a brilliant fight, both men landing bombs... and Lewis won fair and square; he left Vitali's face looking like a disaster zone. No humiliation whatsoever and no reason at all that at 38 he should have been obligated to fight again.

Wlad got so befuddled by Fury that he couldn't find the nerve to throw a punch and quietly handed over his belts. Wlad was a great champion, but that was a humiliating way to end his reign.
            People overlook that Lewis was beating Kiltschko up, the longer the fight went on.

Reminds me slightly of Froch vs Groves. Froch was starting to seriously beat up Groves, to the point were you could see the Groves falling apart.

In my opinion, Vitali Kiltschko was starting to fall apart. The uppercuts, violent thudding jabs from Lewis. And because the pace was stabilizing, Lewis was coming on good.

It was a awesome fight. But I agree, Lewis was out of condition and still found a way to win. Forget points, it was Lewis who was visibly causing the more damage.

That is sometime how I look at fights. Joshua vs Usyk. Usyk was scoring more points. But I think Joshua, actually marginally inflicted slightly more damage. This is why I think Joshua, has been upbeat and motivated for this rematch. He has visual evidence of the damage he was inflicting on Usyk.

With Ruiz Junior, Joshua's evidence was that Ruiz Junior took his best punchers and came back stronger. This is what haunted Joshua, and made that rematch a harder fight to prepare for etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 08-11-2022, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Lmao imagine being so cucked.
              You sound like a yank, pal. Nonetheless, nationalism is an infantile disease.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                In heavyweight boxing, the major fights of UK v Russ...I mean Ukraine are:

Lewis TKO Vitali
                Wlad UD Haye
                Fury UD Wlad
                AJ KO Wlad
                Usyk UD AJ

3-2 to the UK in major fights.
                Russian and Brazilians are the biggest steroids cheaters God bless USADA. In December 2019, the World Anti-Doping Agency barred Russia from international sports competitions after concluding that it had orchestrated and run a sprawling and state-sponsored doping scheme at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics
                https://www.nytimes.com/article/russ...mpics-ban.html
                hard work hard work hard work TBE defensive boxer 50-0 light weight baby

Comment

Lmao imagine being so cucked.
                  A cuck is someone who makes an alt account and obsesses over us because their fighters got slapped around by us.

How is Wilder anyway these days? Is he doing good? After the post-mortem and the hole in his skull it looked like the end for Wilder. But he had a Miracle recovery and lives on. Haha.

Comment

UK is just not very good at boxing

UK vs usa

UK vs Eastern Europe

UK vs Mexico

UK will almost always lose
                    List how many wins these countries have over us, then i'll do the same with wins over them. Watch you be wrong with all 3 countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Poeticman7 View Post
                      The Ukraine doesn't produce enough heavyweight greatness for this to last.
                      The Klitschkos were an anomaly by any standard in boxing.
                      Usyk is special.
                      I think this rivalry dies with Usyk-Fury or Usyk-Joshua.
                      Ukraine only has two top heavyweights and one is on leave who is Vlad Sirenko . Maybe Victor Faust as well ? But beyond them it’s shallow .

The U.K dwarfs any other country with their roster they have top guys now and future prospects to last well over a decade . The U.K rivalry within itself will flourish more because the same gies for the U.S they only have a few guys and only 2 legit prospects , Conto and Anderson off hand .

Last edited by REDEEMER; 08-12-2022, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X