Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: Joshua Must Be an Offensive Fighter To Beat Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Good ol' Douglas View Post

From what I recall, the fighters who enjoyed the most success against Usyk caught his timing and were counterpunching him as he pressed the fight.

So Hunter and Bellew early on, Breidis and AJ in the middle rounds.

The problem is that the cruiserweights did not have the strength to collapse the pocket and slow the pace of the fight. But AJ has never been a dirty or particularly physical boxer.

Also, someone like Fury will have the reach, educated lead hand and footwork to keep Usyk out of range and force him to reset constantly.
    Huge Fury fan here and I don't see Fury beating Usyk. Fury lost to Wallin. He's not unbeatable.

But yeah the older Fury gets he is less and less probable to beat Usyk.

Comment

Anthony Joshua predominantly during his career has been a offensive fighter.

This notion that he is not a offensive fighter, only really started to pick up after his loss to Ruiz Junior.

Joshua is naturally a aggressive fighter. He is more aggressive innately than Tyson Fury.

If Joshua loses this rematch. I don't think it will be down to using the wrong tactics, not being aggressive enough or whatever.

It may just be down to levels. But I personally think Joshua is going to win.

His traits make him a difficult fighter to prepare for in a rematch. All of his abilities make him a better fighter during the long game.

His analytic approach to things, and near psychopathic work ethic. This is what people overlook.

I also keep telling people that, Joshua is not afraid of Usyk 'Not like people are trying to make out, I don't see'.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post

Huge Fury fan here and I don't see Fury beating Usyk. Fury lost to Wallin. He's not unbeatable.

Yeah, Usyk lost to Breidis too

The opposite actually. Usyk is almost 36 and the one heavily reliant on his agility to win the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post

Fury was getting touched up by Pianeta. I don't pay much attention to his in-between fights. If he fights the MMA guy he is going to look like crap in that circus and people will be posting how much better the GREAT Usyk is than Fury based on that fight and there is nothing Hill and Kronk can do with Fury to prepare him for the GREAT Usyk. Wallin has proven to be much of nothing. Wilder and Whyte count. Fury + Kronk >= Eastern European Super Unbeatable Fanboy Legends.

If AJ isn't ripping to the body in the 1st 2-3 rounds, turning Usyk's core bloodshot red, stick a fork in Robert Garcia and his inept Maidana bum rush strategery. Usyk's angles just like Lomachecko are based on his footwork. His legs have to GO!
          Last edited by hhh1200; 08-12-2022, 12:02 AM.
          Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X