Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia, Russell Lead the Weekend: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia, Russell Lead the Weekend: Weekend Afterthoughts

For the first time in more than eighteen months, Danny Garcia was back in a boxing ring. It wasn't the best performance of his career nor a fight anyone is likely to watch again or even much recall going forward. For Garcia, what matters is the win and he got it. Where he goes from here at Jr. middleweight (or higher) is anyone's guess but Jose Benavidez is behind him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

PBC needs to run that back! Russell vs. Barthelemy 2! That was a good scrap, worth seeing it again! WBA needs to get rid of that secondary title @ 160! I'd rather see DSG vs. Tony Harrison @ 154, but if Danny don't want it, then DSG vs. Thurman @ 154 should be fun! Does anyone @ 154 want to fight Sebastian Fundora?

Comment

Iranian hulk vs Kazakh Titan was the best fight of the weekend

Comment

Danny isn't fighting Mell or Fundora and forget PBC's round robin of has beens with Lara and Thurman....give me Danny vs Castano.

Comment

Danny didnt look his best but he damn sure pulled the trigger more often than he has in his last couple fights. I'd like to see him and Lara scrap sounds fun to me

Comment

Danny looks good wow I impressed

Comment

They should have a rematch, Gary and Rances. Russell has that power, but yes, has to work on the defence and as was said into the article, not load up on so many punches.

That works a lot of the time but not against everyone, as one Canelo Alvarez discovered against Bivol.

Comment

I think you minimize Garcia's performance against Benavidez. Benavidez was a much taller fighter who was undefeated when he fought Terence Crawford and managed to get to the twelfth round with Bud before being KO'd and Danny basically shut him out. I didn't see much of a jab from Benavidez which he needed to do and the hand speed disparity was huge for Danny. Danny looked fast with good movement but didn't seem to carry his power up with him. He basically should reconsider staying at middle and apart from Lara, a rematch with Thurman , Spence or even a first fight with Crawford or Boots would be interesting. His only three losses Spence , Thurman , Porter were ALL competitive , nobody just beat him up and he has retained his skills very nicely.

Comment

Working...
                X