Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia On 154-Pound Debut: I'm Fighting At My Natural Weight; It's Perfect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia On 154-Pound Debut: I'm Fighting At My Natural Weight; It's Perfect

Danny Garcia has heard and read comparable criticism countless times regarding his move to the 154-pound division. Cynics question Garcia's potential as a junior middleweight because they think the former 140-pound and 147-pound champion is too small for that division. Garcia wasn't considered a big welterweight, but the Philadelphia native feels completely comfortable as he moves toward his 154-pound debut against Jose Benavidez Jr. on Saturday night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
    [Click Here To Read More]

But most fighters don’t fight at their natural weight, which is one of the issues with weight classes in boxing.

You can technically “make weight” within the rules of boxing, then use the loophole around that by ballooning up in weight on fight night for a weight advantage.

154 might be DSG’s “natural” weight but the boxers there are bigger than the one’s at 147.

Comment

Apparently, Garcia only rehydrated 5 pounds while Benavidez gained 18 pounds. Reason why the post-fight press Danny seemed quite more damaged than Jose.

Comment

Working...
      X