Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Benavidez: I Feel Like Garcia Is Too Small For 154; I'm The Bigger, Stronger Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Benavidez: I Feel Like Garcia Is Too Small For 154; I'm The Bigger, Stronger Fighter

Jose Benavidez Jr. wasn't the least bit surprised Danny Garcia chose him as the opponent for Garcia's 154-pound debut. Philadelphia's Garcia has fought a long list of elite-level welterweights and junior welterweights during his 14-year professional career. Benavidez's substandard performance in his last fight probably factored into Garcia's decision, too, but Benavidez believes Garcia has made a matchmaking mistake.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Garcia can scrap. i'm going to enjoy this

Comment

dont matter, garcia has power in both hands and can counter, i dont think benavides can box garcia for a full 12. he is going to get clipped by the left hook and stopped late in 8 or 9.

Comment

Yeah, but you were the bigger, stronger fighter, when you fought Terence Crawford too! That part!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Yeah, but you were the bigger, stronger fighter, when you fought Terence Crawford too! That part!
          Garcia fought with one leg, you forgot that part !!!

Comment

Danny is the skilled fighter here. Benavidez is there to be hit. This is an easy fight for Garcia, perhaps even a showcase fight. A fight down the line that would be a good one is Danny vs. Jermell Charlo, either in New York or Houston.
            charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post

How do we know that leg has improved? I didn't see his last fight, but...

Jose Benavidez Struggles To Majority Draw With Torres

Jose Benavidez Jr. ended his three-year layoff before his hometown fans Saturday night, but he struggled against a huge underdog and settled for a majority draw.

The former welterweight contender tried his best to shed obvious ring rust, but Emanuel Torres troubled Benavidez with his jab, movement and defensive ability at times in their 10-round middleweight match at Footprint Center in Phoenix. One judge, Rocky Taylor, scored Benavidez a 96-95 winner, but judges Dennis O’Connell and Chris Wilson scored the fight a draw, 95-95 apiece.

Argentina’s Torres won the 10th round on all three scorecards to earn a majority draw in hostile territory. Steve Farhood, Showtime’s unofficial scorer, credited Torres with a 97-93 win.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jose-ben...torres--162001

Yeah, that part!!! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post

Even with two healthy legs, he never wow’ed at 140. Didn’t wow in his last fight at Middleweight either.

He’s yet to secure at least one Ring top 10 win.

Comment

Photo shots can be deceiving, I know, but there doesn't look 4" difference between them. Both started at 140.

Also, when has Benavidez ever really impressed?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Also, he just fought to a draw with a no-name 17-3 fighter at ~jmw.

Comment

Working...
                    X