Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Bivol Loss Was Good For Canelo, It Brought Him Back To Reality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silence View Post
    At least he was only three wins away from being undisputed p4p goat ever. (Bivol, Beterbiev and Usyk) He tried and failed. There is a reason for weight classes.

Your reality is world of Kamils and Muratas. Canelo will bring you back to reality by career ending beating.
    Hes not failed yet. He might beat Bivol and beterbiev and a cruiserweight champ in future. Losing to bivol once is no big deal. Might have to campaign at LHW though now.
    Last edited by hugh grant; 07-25-2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Steve View Post

Neither of these fighters is capable of doing that to the other. Both are very crafty fighters, hard to catch really clean, and even when they get hit clean and hard, they have both proved they are incredibly tough. Smart observers have respect for the fighting abilities of both men.

The only footnote is this: People who follow the sport wish Canelo had never gotten popped for PEDs, especially since the tests were surprises to him resulting from well-founded su****ions. I hope he’s clean now, and I hope he gets surprise-tested a couple of times between now and fight day, and I hope he comes back clean.
      1. Have u ever watched golovkin fight? He eats a lot of clean punches he relies on his chin and has take one to give one style as he’s aged this style has led him to taking more and more clean punches every fight
      2. No one really cares canelo got popped for clembuterol except the golovtards if he got popped multiple times maybe it would be an issue
      3. yes I respect golovkin fighting ability but I don’t respect his record. His resume is a joke and is not HOF worthy. He has 0 count it 0 wins over great fighters. Best win is over 147 lb kell Brook that he was losing on the cards. Maybe if he had challenged himself even in his own weight division he would have some respect on his name but he will go down in history as a nobody. A c-level champion who held the belt as a placeholder and ducked every champion in his division (charlo/andrade)

Comment

****** to have even fought Bivol in the first place. He could've defended his Undisputed while Bivol and Beterbiev beat on each other.

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post

Why didn't Canelo show that reality to GGG in 2017? He had a chance when GGG was 35 and started sliding. Didn't work out too well for Canelo, did it? Now, you will be giving credit to Canelo in his prime for fighting 40 y.o. GGG. Funny how standards work in your head, they seem to be doubling.
          It's funny when you talk about standards. Canelo's standard was KO loss for GGG fans in 2017. At best, Canelo would barely survive and lose by shutout. Then, Canelo's standard instantly became "hE cOulDn'T eVen kO GgG".

GGG proved to be a tough case, so Canelo decided to make sure this time and wait until his 40. All these 4 years since their second fight holding a grudge and making it a "personal fight". 4 years, Carl. Jesus, imagine what it was like to fight a prime 32 y.o. GGG. Canelo: "I hate GGG. He is an a$$hole. I'll wait for 4 years fighting 1,5 truly dangerous opponents (Bivol and half of Kovalev) and then I'll show him."
          Canelo is just trying to sell the fight. "Personal fight" is narrative for PPV. But, you're so dumb that you suppose everything is real in boxing. The third fight would never happen but GGG begged DAZN for the trilogy since 2019. He didn't retire because he waited for last Canelo payday. Canelo finally gave him a chance to make him rich again. If GGG had ball$, he would fight Charlo and Andrade instead of Robota and tried to become undisputed at 160. He is paydayman with zero legacy.

Comment

I agree with the Kazakh here. Canelo def needs to hit the reset button re focus and really put his all into the sport to continue to build his already ATG legacy

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
              Alvared had already won a title at 175 when he cherry picked a shot Kovalev. He was riding high on his duck horse and chose Bivol to avoid Charlo and Benavidez. the cherry pick back fired simple and plain. Now he's back to fighting old slow ass golovkin to make himself look good again. He and his corner doesn't no how to make adjustments when things aren't going well. clenelo needs a new trainer after the golovkin trilogy
              A new trainer may do him well but that won’t happen, I think their is a high chance that Canelo finishes with eddy in his corner… but you never know. Maybe a one off?

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                No, Canelo lives in his own reality. In his mind he has never lost a fight legitimately. Canelo's ego is that big, being humbled is just not something he's capable of.
                That’s a lie and you’re clearly a hater, Canelo admits his loss to Floyd. Foh with that bs

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  Canelo, while himself a good fighter, was never as good as the hype they came from his fans or the boxing establishment that feels it needs a popular Mexican fighter to produce results in the usa. He was gifted more than one decision and should probably have about 3-4 losses on his record. He was very much humbled by Bivol. I think it will take another loss though, not for him personally but for the boxing establishment that wants very much for him to sit atop the boxing world
                  so what’s your sentiment going to be like… if he beats Bivol?

Comment

Why didn't Canelo show that reality to GGG in 2017? He had a chance when GGG was 35 and started sliding. Didn't work out too well for Canelo, did it? Now, you will be giving credit to Canelo in his prime for fighting 40 y.o. GGG. Funny how standards work in your head, they seem to be doubling.

Canelo in his career has never fought a top level (HOF or HOF candidate) fighter below 35. Let that sink in. Well, I don't know if Bivol is HOF yet, but if he is, then I'll correct myself and say that Canelo has never won against a HOF fighter below 35. There is a reason he waits them all out. GGG proved to be a tough case, so Canelo decided to make sure this time and wait until his 40. All these 4 years since their second fight holding a grudge and making it a "personal fight". 4 years, Carl. Jesus, imagine what it was like to fight a prime 32 y.o. GGG. Canelo: "I hate GGG. He is an a$$hole. I'll wait for 4 years fighting 1,5 truly dangerous opponents (Bivol and half of Kovalev) and then I'll show him."
                    That’s cute and what the hell has ggg ever done to deserve a shot at Canelo? And even worst, what the hell has he done since the rematch with Canelo??? We can all point fingers the facts are facts and we have a guy who has the best resume in the sport vs a guy who has one of the worst resumes in the sport for a person who is getting a trilogy at the top dawg in the game and you chose to be critical of one of those two and it’s not the top dawg…. Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      ****** to have even fought Bivol in the first place. He could've defended his Undisputed while Bivol and Beterbiev beat on each other.
                      It’s not ****** to challenge yourself to greater obstacles… the man is trying to be as great as he possibly can… let me guess, it’s better to just fight the szeremetas and wades and muratas of the world to you? Sheeesh I don’t get your point of view at all on this one Brotha

Comment

Working...
                      X