Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto: Canelo Trilogy is Golovkin's Last Chance To Secure Major Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

for somebody with such a shit resume funny how he is almost guaranteed to be a HOFer
    I mean I can say the same about fury, wilder, and just about every guy over 180 not named usyk right now. We also have plenty of fighters headed to the hall with less than 10 notable fighter names on their resume. Some of it can be attribute to other sports paying better and boxing having a lull for two generations past welter. Technically I can make your argument even for Canelo, discount the aged/washed fighters, rhe weight jump opponents, and you have 7 notable names worthy of mention in 60 fights (I’m not sure it’s 60). IMO Floyd and manny were the last fighters to retire with super resumes. The next will also be at lower weights.

Comment

for somebody with such a shit resume funny how he is almost guaranteed to be a HOFer
      He is HOFer for my a$$. He is HBO hypejob. He was fake king after Hopkins, Pirog and Wright's retirement. He was in the right place in the right time. Then, Jacobs-Canelo-Derevyan exposed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post

Brook was more courageous than GGG's opponents at 160. He moved up two divisions to fight him. GGGeezer shouldn't proud of himself for this win but Brook should.
        Especially Canelo who waited out at 155 to postpone a move to 160 and being the first to challenge Golovkin - better from Canelo's perspective to let Brook and Jacobs wear down GGG a little.

I never heard Golovkin boast about the Kell win - did you? ... if so, link please.

I give Brook massive- credit for that career altering decision and fight. Without that beat-down and injury he might have done better against Spence and Bud or have gotten fights with Keith and Danny.

Comment

Especially Canelo who waited out at 155 to postpone a move to 160 and being the first to challenge Golovkin - better from Canelo's perspective to let Brook and Jacobs wear down GGG a little.

I never heard Golovkin boast about the Kell win - did you? ... if so, link please.

I give Brook massive- credit for that career altering decision and fight. Without that beat-down and injury he might have done better against Spence and Bud or have gotten fights with Keith and Danny.
          Canelo already fought Golovkin in 2017. No one declines from a close fight (with Jacobs) in a year. Canelo already had much more close fights than GGG in 2016. Canelo maybe ducked maybe not ducked GGG in around 2016 but he already fought him twice. Canelo ain't our topic atm.

Golovkin has appeared just after of tough fighters' retirement and was in right place at right time. He looked better than it was because of that. Even Jacobs-Canelo-Derevyan exposed him. Only god knows how Hopkins-Pirog-Wright would expose him.

Comment

It was disappointing when Alvarez couldn't decisively beat the older, smaller Cotto, especially after how Pac had dominated Miguel. It made you question what the hype was all about.

Comment

GGGeezer hasn't a major "legitimate" win in his career. Jacobs, Derevyan and both Canelo fights could go either way. His best legitimate wins are Kamil, Rolls, welterweight Brook and Murata.
              You ain't nothing but a troll bruh.. you left out his top 3 wins

Dominic wade
              Willie Monroe Jr
              osumanu adama

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post

Great question Cotto is an all time great but he knew GGG would f*** him up
                Cotto is not a damn ATG for christ sake
                Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

It's funny because in reality this is Canelo's last shot probably to get a legit win against GGG

Comment

He is HOFer for my a$$. He is HBO hypejob. He was fake king after Hopkins, Pirog and Wright's retirement. He was in the right place in the right time. Then, Jacobs-Canelo-Derevyan exposed him.
                    You sound special needs
                    Elastic Recoilz Elastic Recoilz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
                      It's funny because in reality this is Canelo's last shot probably to get a legit win against GGG
                      Canelo already got a legit W when he beat ggg's ass 116-112 in the rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X