No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derek Chisora Would Like To Face Deontay Wilder Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Derek Chisora Would Like To Face Deontay Wilder Next

O2 Arena, London - On Saturday night, heavyweight veteran Derek Chisora (33-12, 23 KOs) stopped his streak of defeats to win a hard-fought twelve round split decision over Kubrat Pulev (29-3, 14 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

The fight was meant to happen a long time ago when Frank Warren managed him but Wilder ducked out last moment leaving them stranded at a press conference.

Comment

I like Chisora...I really do. But fighting Wilder is no joke. It's a money thing...sure. It's a great name to have when you want to say you fought everyone of your era regardless of the outcome. Let's face it...it's a one or two round blow out. Chisora has no footwork and no defence. He can slug it out but his once KO power is gone. I watched today's fight. I'm not going to say Pulev sold out. I will say I don't think Pulev trained for this fight. He's 41...but he's not really finished. His timing was completely off. His interest was not really there. He hugged and did danced and tried to avoid getting knocked out...but he didn't perform. Wilder won't miss those shots. Wilder won't stand still and let Chisora tee off. Wilder will bag Chisora. And badly. They shouldn't let Chisora be the body. He seems happy enough. Let him be with his kids. We know what's happening. Eddie wants Wilder to highlight reel Chisora to set up an AJ fight when AJ loses to Usyk. And that's a shame.
      P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

I think what was also shameful was that they played American Pie while Chisora was being interviewed. Why play Furys music?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          O2 Arena, London - On Saturday night, heavyweight veteran Derek Chisora (33-12, 23 KOs) stopped his streak of defeats to win a hard-fought twelve round split decision over Kubrat Pulev (29-3, 14 KOs).
          [Click Here To Read More]
          I think Chisora would get absolutely slaughtered, but it’s also one of those fights for Wilder: do you risk coming over to face someone you’re supposed to beat, who you’d receive no credit for beating, who is also relentless from second 1 of round 1, a total nightmare to fight against, and with a partisan, maybe even hostile crowd as your backdrop?

Comment

Del Boy has a death wish.

Comment

We don't get enough Chisora's and Rosado's in boxing! Believe me there would be a lot less 0s going around if fighters had that warrior mentality these men have! War Chisora always fought the BEST anytime any place nobody can argue that fact! 12 losses who gives a f*** because he didn't! Mad respect to one of my favourites!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                I like Chisora...I really do. But fighting Wilder is no joke. It's a money thing...sure. It's a great name to have when you want to say you fought everyone of your era regardless of the outcome. Let's face it...it's a one or two round blow out. Chisora has no footwork and no defence. He can slug it out but his once KO power is gone. I watched today's fight. I'm not going to say Pulev sold out. I will say I don't think Pulev trained for this fight. He's 41...but he's not really finished. His timing was completely off. His interest was not really there. He hugged and did danced and tried to avoid getting knocked out...but he didn't perform. Wilder won't miss those shots. Wilder won't stand still and let Chisora tee off. Wilder will bag Chisora. And badly. They shouldn't let Chisora be the body. He seems happy enough. Let him be with his kids. We know what's happening. Eddie wants Wilder to highlight reel Chisora to set up an AJ fight when AJ loses to Usyk. And that's a shame.

Said Chisora would win just before fight to missus.

Said home crowd plus Pulev’s disinterested demeanour/ fighting adds up to Chisora on the cards. Pulev came for the pay cheque and the move around; looked like he had more in the tank.

Had this nagging feeling too that all parties involved knew the score, but I hope not

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

I think Chisora would get absolutely slaughtered, but it’s also one of those fights for Wilder: do you risk coming over to face someone you’re supposed to beat, who you’d receive no credit for beating, who is also relentless from second 1 of round 1, a total nightmare to fight against, and with a partisan, maybe even hostile crowd as your backdrop?
                  You make him sound like prime pacquiao. He's not relentless. He doesn't take a backward step. It's not the same thing. But walking forward to Wilder hands down chest first is a recipe for disaster. Wilder is a head hunter and he might just give him the Stiverne 2 treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post

You make him sound like prime pacquiao. He's not relentless. He doesn't take a backward step. It's not the same thing. But walking forward to Wilder hands down chest first is a recipe for disaster. Wilder is a head hunter and he might just give him the Stiverne 2 treatment.
                    Wilder is fast and explosive, and remember what happened to Chisora when he faced a fast and explosive Haye?

Comment

Working...
                    X