Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Savannah Marshall's Trainer: Fans Will Get 'Blood & Guts' in Shields Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Savannah Marshall's Trainer: Fans Will Get 'Blood & Guts' in Shields Fight

Peter Fury, head trainer for WBO middleweight champion Savannah Marshall, is expecting a lot of fireworks when his boxer takes on IBF, WBA, WBC middleweight champion Claressa Shields on September 10 at the O2 Arena in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 07-08-2022, 01:16 PM.

unless its fixed marshall wont win a round got to remember its in the uk ask josh taylor how home boxers do...........

Comment

I'm concerned about Shields head size

It doesn't look like it can withstand a big punch

Comment

Originally posted by jikeccfc View Post
        unless its fixed marshall wont win a round got to remember its in the uk ask josh taylor how home boxers do...........
        guess we’ll have to tune in to see if you’ll be right but I I have a feeling Marshall does well

Comment

Marshall looks basic to me. Hits hard for a female but I think shields will box the head off her

Comment

Originally posted by jikeccfc View Post
            This argument would be fine if they hadn't already fought once already, when Marshall didn't seem to have any problem winning rounds.

Yes, Shields was green back then and has improved, but so has Marshall. I wouldn't bet against Shields, because if it goes to points, I think she will probably take it. Marshall's KO power is real though and Shields has not faced anything like that as a pro.

Comment

Right! U may get guts but it won’t be much blood, good for selling though!

Comment

Unfortunately the insufferable Shields will prob. win. Would like to see a KO upset but we will see.

Comment

Claressa Shields has predicted the end of Savanah Marshall by KO around 8-10 rounds. I think Marshall is in big trouble, and Peter Fury knows this as well ; I suspect that is the reason why Marshall has been postponing the fight : Claressa looked phenomenal in her last title defense vs. Ema Kozin, the G.W.O.A.T sat down on her punches and evaded the returned fire with exceptional grace, full of energy in the championship rounds.

Savanah Marshall wont be able to keep up with this work, and if she does not hurt Shields she is getting walked-down and left slumped against the ropes.

Comment

Working...
                  X