Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd pays penathly for extra lbs, will Cotto do the same?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto seems like a standup guy and i'm sure he'll make weight. If it were me, I'd come in at 147, pay the 2 million dollars, beat Pac, and set myself up for a big payday with Floyd. The 2 mill would be like an investment. Though if Cotto somehow lost to Pac weighing 147 his career is over lol. I'm sure Floyd thinks the same way. Though I'm not a pro athlete so his integrity counts more than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
      Cotto seems like a standup guy and i'm sure he'll make weight. If it were me, I'd come in at 147, pay the 2 million dollars, beat Pac, and set myself up for a big payday with Floyd. The 2 mill would be like an investment. Though if Cotto somehow lost to Pac weighing 147 his career is over lol. I'm sure Floyd thinks the same way. Though I'm not a pro athlete so his integrity counts more than mine.
      well even if cotto goes 147, it not 100% guaranteed the he will beat PAC

Comment

Originally posted by rob6465 View Post
        Since floyd paid a penatly because of the extra lbs, wonder if cotto will do the same, throwing out the "catchweight". If i'm cotto, i would weigh-in at 147 and pay the penalty smiling.
        This is why Cotto didnt want to put his WBO title without due consideration.
        Originally Cotto was meant to pay £1m for every pound he would be over,when the WBO was put on the line the contract was modified.Either Cotto is getting more money for the fight or the overweight issues were altered.
        Cotto will probably come in at 146 and he will bash Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
          This is why Cotto didnt want to put his WBO title without due consideration.
          Originally Cotto was meant to pay £1m for every pound he would be over,when the WBO was put on the line the contract was modified.Either Cotto is getting more money for the fight or the overweight issues were altered.
          Cotto will probably come in at 146 and he will bash Pacquiao
          nah.....cotto will make 145 easily.

he made 146 for clottey.

he entered training camp early for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
            nah.....cotto will make 145 easily.

he made 146 for clottey.

he entered training camp early for this fight.
            Even Floyd could have made 144,the question is if he makes 145 will he still be feeling strong?If he feels weakened then he would rather come in at 146 to maintain speed,stamina and strength.

You might be right though

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
              Even Floyd could have made 144,the question is if he makes 145 will he still be feeling strong?If he feels weakened then he would rather come in at 146 to maintain speed,stamina and strength.

You might be right though
              floyd can make 140. he just doesn't want to.

cotto has no problems with cutting weight. he's been doing it his entire career. he'll have to just dig deep down for that 1 last pound but he'll do it.

it's not worth the $1 million or whatever the penalty is.

he'll have 27 or so hours to rehydrate. he'll be fine.

Comment

how much did pbf pay overall?

Comment

Originally posted by andalusian81 View Post
                  how much did pbf pay overall?
                  no one really knows.

hopefully it's a lot.

jmm deserves it for taking on such a tough fight.

Comment

I hope he does come in at 147. I wanna see if Pac can beat him at his best weight. If Pac gets beat, so be it. Pac won't be discredited if he loses to a 147 Cotto, just like JMM won't lose any credit if he loses tonight.

Do it Miguel! 147!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
                      floyd can make 140. he just doesn't want to.

cotto has no problems with cutting weight. he's been doing it his entire career. he'll have to just dig deep down for that 1 last pound but he'll do it.

it's not worth the $1 million or whatever the penalty is.

he'll have 27 or so hours to rehydrate. he'll be fine.
                      It is if that 2lbs is what helps him win. Pay two mill here and set yourself up for another fat payday with Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X