Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Refuses To Get Involved in Sportswashing Debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Refuses To Get Involved in Sportswashing Debate

Former two-time heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua is not concerned with the recent date over "sportswashing" when it comes to Saudi Arabia's push to secure high profile sporting events.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Of course he does and I don't blame the guy whatsoever.

Comment

Anthony Joshua cares more about getting paid than he does about human rights.

Don't expect him to take a stand for justice like Muhammad Ali did. That made Ali a great man, but Joshua isn't cut from the same cloth.
      P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Anthony Joshua cares more about getting paid than he does about human rights.

Don't expect him to take a stand for justice like Muhammad Ali did. That made Ali a great man, but Joshua isn't cut from the same cloth.
        Ali was a devout muslim who famously made his first pilgrimage to Mecca in ‘72. He would have absolutely fought in Saudi Arabia.

Comment

"I don't know what that [sportswashing] is. I'm here to win the heavyweight champion of the world. I like Saudi. I think Saudi's good. I'm having a good time here. I'm treated really well,"

Don't talk like you don't know what sportswashing is... If you don't care about those problems they have you should just stay quiet and get paid, you just make yourself look stupid now

Comment

What does ma of the people Usyk have to say on the matter? Tyson Fury also performed there with the wwe so I assume we will all be getting on at him as well or is it just hearn and AJ as usual?

Comment

Unless you can say what you have ‘actually’ done to support human rights in Saudi and only then, perhaps, you can call-out someone else earning a living there. The amount of people that spout idealist crap and then go buy the PPV is laughable, be honest, you’re doing FA about it as well.
              Last edited by sportbuddha; 06-21-2022, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Sportswashing sounds like a stupid made up outrage generation term. These people have ALL the money they need to do anything. They love AJ and so they brought/bought him to them so they could watch the fight at home. Simple as that. They did it because they can. If you said money laundering I'd believe that over 'sportwashing' nonsense. And of course they want to prop up their country that they love. 'Sportwashing'; is obviously a projection ON them not a conspiracy BY them. And like AJ, I'd never heard the term either until today but I'm seeing right through it. They arent saying to themselves "Ya know, our society sucks, we have horrible human rights, you know, due to our religious practices, so we need to cover it up and change opinions by staging a sports event." Thats just absurdly ridiculous. Its a religion first society. They think YOU should convert.

And let AJ make some money.
                Last edited by Wacked_Out; 06-21-2022, 03:55 PM.
                NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ropeydope View Post

Ali was a devout muslim who famously made his first pilgrimage to Mecca in ‘72. He would have absolutely fought in Saudi Arabia.
                  Ali lost years of his prime due to his stance on the Vietnam war.

It cost him to stand by his principles but he did it anyway.

If human rights concerns in Saudi Arabia were brought to his attention then I have no reason to believe he would just accept them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Ali lost years of his prime due to his stance on the Vietnam war.

It cost him to stand by his principles but he did it anyway.

If human rights concerns in Saudi Arabia were brought to his attention then I have no reason to believe he would just accept them.
                    So you're saying this guy went to Saudi and got paid millions of dollars and not a single person on earth informed of even 1 concerning thing? Comeon man. The fact is he's not here to solve the world's problems, he's here to make as much money as possible while risking his life to entertain people. I'm sure Joshua donates to charities, so at least some Saudi money will go to some good perhaps? Him refusing to fight there would change absolutely nothing, it would take blacklisting all major events like they did with Russia.

Comment

Working...
                    X