Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Cordina Wants Big Money Opportunities: It Has To Be The Right Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Cordina Wants Big Money Opportunities: It Has To Be The Right Fights

Newly crowned IBF super featherweight champion Joe Cordina is ready to pursue bigger fights and more gold in his weight class. This past Saturday night in Liverpool, Cordina captured the IBF belt with a brutal one-punch knockout of Japan's Kenichi Ogawa in the second round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Can't blame the man for wanting a pay day that will at the least allow him to retire on a modest income.

Comment

Fantastic win and congratulations to Joe for pulling off a sensational KO. Looking forward to seeing him progress on. There's still some boxes to be ticked though. The thing about an early stoppage like that, is we still don't know how he'll handle a tough 12 rounds with world level opposition. He's handled it comfortably at European level, but the stakes are higher now. If Joe had that KO around 8 or 9 and boxed superbly up to that point, the question would be answered. But we saw little of him here, so the question is still out there. And I don't see him winning that emphatically on a regular basis. It'll be the tough 12 rounders more often than not. That said,what a victory. And hopefully many many more great nights ahead. As Joe Calzaghe said after the fight. Hopefully he's the next great JC for Wales.
      Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Not too many featherweight millionaires out there. Cordina is talented for sure, but he might need to become a villain or IG star if he wants to command million dollar purses.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
          Not too many featherweight millionaires out there. Cordina is talented for sure, but he might need to become a villain or IG star if he wants to command million dollar purses.
          He'll get it against Stevenson. That's the fight that will deliver his security. Dazn will pay big to get him over. It sells out the Cardiff city stadium. Bob will allow it if the money's right for his fighter, and Dazn and Matchroom are picking up the tab.
          Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

I guess old piece of shit Bob Arum changed his mind. But hey, yesterday he was lying. Today he's telling the truth. ​​​​​​​

Arum On Stevenson: F--- Being The Unified Champion; Those Fight Aren't Gonna Draw ****!

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-on-...aw-sht--165957
            Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Yeah but who at 130 will get him top pay..plus he barely got his belt....cmon be realistic
              Corelone Corelone likes this.

Comment

Call them out Joe , a quiet man in boxing is nice but the money unfortunatly normally goes with the mouth , the skills are there ...call them Joe.

Comment

It's Rakhimov next regardless of what he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

He'll get it against Stevenson. That's the fight that will deliver his security. Dazn will pay big to get him over. It sells out the Cardiff city stadium. Bob will allow it if the money's right for his fighter, and Dazn and Matchroom are picking up the tab.
                    Good for him if he can get that, but I'm not so sure. Shakur Stevenson hasn't really proven himself to be a star yet. From what I read Shakur pulled around $1 million from the Oscar Valdez fight, but half of that was his purse and the other his 70% PPV share. Valdez' purse was $375 and 30% PPV share for around $500K. I think those were pre-fight estimates, so not sure if the PPV numbers raised or lowered those. At any rate, I think Cordina probably needs some grooming before he gets anywhere near $1 million guarantees.

Comment

Working...
                    X