Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Browne Twice Floors Junior Fa, Scores 1st Round Knockout On Kambosos-Haney Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

You know exactly what point i was making. But are you seriously thinking it says anything about AJ and the like with this win over a fighter coming from a loss and being out of the ring for 15 months?

But for the record, Young isn't seen anywhere near to the same level of those guys. And have you seen the kind of fighters Young has lost to? There's enough there if you want to go and look.

But if you want another example, here you go...

Raheem beat Morales, so does that not put Manny, Barrera, Hamed etc etc.. into "Perspective"?
    How old was Morales when he lost to Raheem?

Was he in his youthful prime like Joshua is?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

How old was Morales when he lost to Raheem?

Was he in his youthful prime like Joshua is?
      So you think a fight between Fa and Browne puts AJ into perspective, even though he hasn't fought either of them?

You don't even know what you're arguing here do you? Do you agree with the ******ity of the comment i replied to?

AJ wasn't at his best in the first Ruiz fight. You could see he had problems. So circumstances were at play. You know, like the circumstances of Morales apparently being "Old".

Comment

I have no idea how to summarize this fight. It certainly looked like Fa wasn't up for it - which kind of makes sense..the Parker-Fa fight was huge for him, carrying on their amateur rivalry and the fact it was a fight for the best HW in the country. Maybe he peaked and couldn't get himself up for anything else. In saying that, there's a good chance this one gets overturned - they were shots to the back of the head...mitigated by Fa's poor defensive movement.

What I do take out of this, is that Browne is about to get knocked into oblivion. This result could mean he gets booked with a quality fighter next - and he's going to lit up like the night sky on the 4th of July. Browne's next fight will be dangerous for his health.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          I just watched it & thought Fa turned his head. Fa looked a little flabby & out of shape. I was never really impressed by him but thought he put on a good performance against Parker. I thought Parker would Breazeale him. I had watched a few of Fa’s fights against journeymen & figured he needed to step up then I saw him get dropped by 45 year old Dominick Guinn. He followed that up with decent win over Devin Vargas. I thought he was big & slow & lacked power. Then the Parker fight happened & I wondered was this Parker in decline going through the motions or was this Fa being better than i thought?

I was always hard on Browne. Thought he was an overrated HW who was carefully matched. He beat A shot Gavern & washed up Toney. Travis Walker a big punching JM dropped him but lost. It was the Rudenko fight where I felt he got exposed. Rudenko beat him up & cut both his eyes yet lost a UD. Never saw the Chagaev win coming but that was a hail mary punch that landed on a fat & clearly out of shape fighter who was already semi-retired. 2 failed PED tests later & he got dropped by tough trialhorse Sokolowski the stopped by David Allen. From there he looked totally done. Heard some ancient rugby player KO’d him in the 1st round.

Shocked Fa lost to Browne but after seeing the shape he was in I don’t feel bad for him. He obviously completely disregarded Browne as a threat. A 261 lbs Browne beat him & he is 43… Fa is done & his lack of preparation looks to have been the culprit.

The WBA Oceania Title & IBF Australasian title were on the line so that should boost Browne into the top 15 in both bodies… Hahaha!
          They were both shameful, physique wise.
          Fa turning his head doesn't make it not a rabbit punch.
          Ref should have given Fa a chance to clear his head and then continue.
          TBF, the ref did everyone a favor.
          It is the shlttiest HW era ever.

Comment

Working...
          X