Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eduardo Ramirez Edges Luis Melendez With Tough Majority Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eduardo Ramirez Edges Luis Melendez With Tough Majority Decision

NEW YORK - Eduardo Ramirez overcame some tenuous moments Saturday night to extend his winning streak. The Mexican contender beat Luis Melendez by majority decision in a 10-round, 130-pound fight that opened Showtime Pay-Per-View's telecast of the Gervonta Davis-Rolando Romero undercard at Barclays Center. Judges Bernard Bruni (96-94) and John Poturaj (98-92) overruled John McKaie, who scored their closely contested bout a draw, 95-95.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-28-2022, 09:18 PM.

Finally a fair decision

Comment

Edges is right. 98-92 is way too wide.

Comment

Wtf that was a draw at best 98-92? Just wow

Comment

98-92 gtfoh

Comment

I thought they were going to give Melendez another gift decision after Mattice schooled him.
            Last edited by richardt; 05-28-2022, 09:09 PM.
            Javcar Chris Hanson likes this.

Comment

I had it 95-95 I would've been ok with 96-94 for either fighter but no way was that 98-92. I thought Ramirez was going to have an easier time but Melendez showed he is a quality fighter, good footwork and has a nice jab with a good counter right hand he's still young good experience for him.

Comment

Looks like the puerto ricans have joined the chat. Ramirez won. The guy that had it a draw is on the take

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                  I had it 95-95 I would've been ok with 96-94 for either fighter but no way was that 98-92. I thought Ramirez was going to have an easier time but Melendez showed he is a quality fighter, good footwork and has a nice jab with a good counter right hand he's still young good experience for him.
                  Same, thought that 98-91 was laughable.
                  Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

Melendez has some potential, gassed second half though imo.
                    juanpablo juanpablo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X