Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez Promoter To Media: Please Don't Continue Fantasizing On Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
    The elephant in the ring; Benevidez needs to move up to 175 and fight men his own size. We will never know his real worth before he gets tested by the top guys in the light heavy division. He could start with Marcus Brown or Callum Smith, then go for Smith, Bivol or Beterbiev.
    In time. He's 25 years old, so it's inevitable. When he does Bivol and Beterbiev will be that much older he will dominate the division, but for now he can make 168 and rule, so why not?

Comment

Sampson gave the list what is next:
      Plant
      Morrell Jr
      Charlo

Those probably should be his next 3 Fights regardless of Order honestly

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        The only option Canelo has is 160 lbs. Bivol, Benavidez and Beterbiev are retirement makers for him and illusion destroyers. He can get in one last fight at 168 with GGG, but he'd be better off fighting him at 160 where he could pick up a couple of belts, providing he wins. Benavidez would run him over like a steam roller, and he has no business campaigning at 175,
        These are actually excellent short comparison video's of Benavidez, and Bivol's hand speed in action.
        It's exactly why I do believe that Benavidez would overwhelm Canelo if they ever fought one another.
        It's also why I believe that Canelo wouldn't take the fight against Benavidez, who's bigger, stronger, and faster than Bivol.
        Benavidez versus Bivol, or anyone one else would be a slam bang affair's, Benavidez is just an exciting fighter to watch.

Comment

I'm a bit surprised that Benevidez's destruction of blown up, well past prime, bloated Lemieux has people thinking that Canelo is going to get blown out by Benevidez. You guys think Canelo is Lemieux level??! Benevidez will have to work a lot harder and smarter to beat Canelo than he ever has before in the past. David's best attribute against Canelo will be his stamina and size. Canelo is better defensively and a sharper, more explosive puncher. It would be an interesting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
            I'm a bit surprised that Benevidez's destruction of blown up, well past prime, bloated Lemieux has people thinking that Canelo is going to get blown out by Benevidez. You guys think Canelo is Lemieux level??! Benevidez will have to work a lot harder and smarter to beat Canelo than he ever has before in the past. David's best attribute against Canelo will be his stamina and size. Canelo is better defensively and a sharper, more explosive puncher. It would be an interesting fight.
            The same you guys also thought Canelo would beat Bivol based on some "top level experience".

Comment

If Benavidez can improve his footwork then he has every chance of beating Canelo, should he ever be offered that fight. I'm not saying he doesn't have a chance now, just that that is the one area he really needs to work on.

Comment

Pretty much gave the cherry pick gone wrong loser clenelo away out. if the WBC doesn't mandate the fight they will franchise the coward to stop him from throwing a sissy tantrum and giving up the belt. the WBC are hypocrites and the face of boxing is a fake tough coward coward because time after time he wants no part of Benavidez.

Comment

Benavidez will get his chance at Canelo eventually I believe but it'll be the end of next year providing he keeps winning which I think he does

Comment

Some guys need to pump those brakes claiming bandera roja would stop canelo lmao...canelo aint lemieux thats for sure

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

The same you guys also thought Canelo would beat Bivol based on some "top level experience".
                      What the hell you talking bout Willis? There were many of “us” Golovkin fans who thought Canelo was taking a huge risk fighting Bivol. You must have some kind of myopic thinking if you didn’t read posts/ threads about this. Check the NSB Pick’em thread, check threads from March and April. Lots of sensible people knew this was a very risky fight. Only Canelo haters thought this was an easy win for him. I used to not like Canelo but the sheer tenacity and stupidity of his haters is forcing me to side with him.
                      HeyDeebo! A.B Counterhooks likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X