Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia-Isaac Cruz: WBC Cancels Order For Lightweight Title Elimination Match

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

I know what you are saying but this is a downgrade from Cruz as some others have already said. I'm not really impressed with Fortuna and, definitely not, after losing to JoJo Diaz. Ryan should fight William Zepeda or even JoJo at least.
    But I'll watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      With Canelo beaten and not as popular as he used to be a certain demographic needs a new star which means the boxing establishment will protect Garcia
      I'm not a Canelo fan. But are you suggesting that on the back of that defeat he's not as popular as he used to be? Seriously? After 1 defeat? I'm inclined to think that those fans will be behind him, to bounce back in his next fight. If he loses 2 or 3 then fair enough. But surely not after 1.

Comment

Thank you.
        Your a Tank guy. I'm a Taylor guy. We can share a common comfort that we're not Garcia guys . I'm always happy to to point out how annoying, and lacking in minerals, a fighter is. But I'll always recognise ability. But with this kid, I'm just not seeing it. If the fight ever happens, Davis smokes this kid, without his pores opening.
        BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Where should a 23 year old be, levels wise ?

Him and those his age will reveal themselves to be the real deals or pure hype, as did Broner and Horn

Comment

Oscar and Cryan didn't want it

Comment

Something don't smell right! Why are they saying they BOTH have fights, but only know Garcia's opponent? Watch Gibbons come back soon, and blow this all up!

Comment

Fortuna can make this an ugly fight and maul Garcia to victory. I said it the first time it was signed and I still believe it. This isnt a sure win for Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

I'm not a Canelo fan. But are you suggesting that on the back of that defeat he's not as popular as he used to be? Seriously? After 1 defeat? I'm inclined to think that those fans will be behind him, to bounce back in his next fight. If he loses 2 or 3 then fair enough. But surely not after 1.
                  Hey bro it’s usually great to go back and forth with you but this one smacks of arguing just to argue. No he isn’t as popular as he used to be because the American sports fan doesn’t see him like they used to because he doesn’t fight for an outfit that gives access to sports fans in the usa. And let’s be crystal sparkling clear, he is damaged goods…not only because he was soundly whipped…again….but because people again see that he is protected by the boxing establishment through corrupt judging and careful matchmaking. Reynoso, Hearn, and DLH all say they have to be careful who they put him in with because they don’t want him to lose. Would someone say that about Spence? Crawford? Charlo? Fury? And back to losing again, his record could easily have 4 losses on it, to GGG and Lara. This isn’t JC superstar. So yes, he isn’t as popular here as he used to be and since you’re not in the USA how would you know?

Comment

I know what you are saying but this is a downgrade from Cruz as some others have already said. I'm not really impressed with Fortuna and, definitely not, after losing to JoJo Diaz. Ryan should fight William Zepeda or even JoJo at least.
                    I wasn’t trying to give him a pass lol. You’re right, he shouldn’t be fighting Fortuna, who’s coming off a lost. Just saying, Fortuna awkwardness could cause problems.
                    BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

so basically garcia said he was going to take another year off with 'mental health issues' if he was given a hard opponent so they decided he needed someone easier. this guy wont ever fight a decent opponent because his whole 'brand' (i use that word as he himself decided to change trainers to further his brand) is based on being undefeated, they drag him into the youtube videos doing them bodyshot challenges with logan paul etc with that caption that hes an undefeated boxing star because for the 14 year old girls on tiktok who dont follow boxing that sounds really impressive as if hes taking on all comers. anyway for people who dont like the way he is doing things (i dont either) this is the next generation of boxers, if you push them into fighting someone difficult they will cry saying they shouldnt be forced into them as 'their head isnt in the right place' and they will be applauded for it. in some peoples ****ed up world he is probably 'brave' for not bowing into pressure and fighting someone who he hasnt dug up from the graveyard. that last guy he fought looked like he had won a competition to share a ring with a professional boxer, zero intent to win and thats down to 'king' ryan for picking such a garbage opponent
                      Last edited by Prince Madison; 05-20-2022, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X