Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo still has no legacy defining wins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post
    Canelo's draw against GGG is better than any win Gayweather has ever had. Gayweather never fought anyone on the level of what GGG was at the time.

And I'm not talking about GGG being better than someone like Marquez or Pac. I'm talking about the point in time when he fought them, like Pacquiao for example, he was past it and already had some losses when Gayweather finally nutted up and fought him.
    How can anyone take this poster seriously after this post?

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
      None. How can you be an ATG when your best win is a controversial decision over an aging boxer? If Canelo keeps going like this he's not going to be remembered as an ATG fighter.
      I think the GGG win defines Canelo’s legacy.

That legacy being a great fighter whose highest profile wins are questioned by many because of the scorecards.

Lara, Trout, GGG win- each fight fans and media have questioned the scoring. Doesn’t mean he didn’t win each.

The losses and draws illustrate this point even more.

Fans and media were very critical of him being given the draw with GGG, 6 rounds in one card v Floyd, and given 5 rounds against Bivol on all cards.

Still imo a great fighter who I am confident will get a career elevating win soon.

Comment

Oh yeah, he made a million excuses not to fight Cepillo.
        He used to sttuter when ask about Casamayor. I thought back them that it was a 50/50, the Cuban was in his prime and wasn't heavy into drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

How can anyone take this poster seriously after this post?
          I'll ask you too

Name me one great prime fighter Gayweather fought. Also, name me one fighter that Gayweather fought that was on the level of GGG when Canelo fought him.

Comment

I'll ask you too

Name me one great prime fighter Gayweather fought. Also, name me one fighter that Gayweather fought that was on the level of GGG when Canelo fought him.
            Every boxer Floyd fought at 147 he was giving up at least 15-20lbs of weight. Canelo has been the heavier man in every fight of his pro career.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

Every boxer Floyd fought at 147 he was giving up at least 15-20lbs of weight. Canelo has been the heavier man in every fight of his pro career.
              That didn't answer the question I asked.

Comment

That legacy being a great fighter whose highest profile wins are questioned by many because of the scorecards.

Lara, Trout, GGG win- each fight fans and media have questioned the scoring. Doesn’t mean he didn’t win each.

The losses and draws illustrate this point even more.

Fans and media were very critical of him being given the draw with GGG, 6 rounds in one card v Floyd, and given 5 rounds against Bivol on all cards.

Still imo a great fighter who I am confident will get a career elevating win soon.
                I guess that’s OP’s point… his legacy is defined by an undeserved draw which should have been a loss, and an either way fight

Quantity is valuable and Canelo has an extensive list of names, but no greats on there other than an older Shane and Cotto… at least in terms of convincing victories
                The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

True, how can GGG win not be career defining, he got a win and a draw didnt he? Some didnt think SRL beat Hagler, but im sure that was career defining also.

Comment

I'll ask you too

Castillo, Hatton and Corrales.

Shane and Manny were ranked ahead of or same as GGG even though they weren’t prime.

You imbeciles run with the “prime” thing to pretend if Shane, Manny, and ODH would’ve decided to fight Floyd earlier rather than wait, they’d have won.

Deep down everyone of you who posts that knows Floyd was going to beat them no matter when they fought.

That is why they all waited to fight Floyd. Sad that y’all hate Floyd so much that you reward the cowardice of the guys you like.

When you’re a diehard fan of a loser you have to come up with some fake and phony way to make the loss better and to make the guy that won worse.

As Floyd fans we don’t have to.

Comment

Castillo, Hatton and Corrales.

Shane and Manny were ranked ahead of or same as GGG even though they weren’t prime.

You imbeciles run with the “prime” thing to pretend if Shane, Manny, and ODH would’ve decided to fight Floyd earlier rather than wait, they’d have won.

Deep down everyone of you who posts that knows Floyd was going to beat them no matter when they fought.

That is why they all waited to fight Floyd. Sad that y’all hate Floyd so much that you reward the cowardice of the guys you like.

When you’re a diehard fan of a loser you have to come up with some fake and phony way to make the loss better and to make the guy that won worse.

As Floyd fans we don’t have to.
                      LOL those are the names you came up with? Are they in the Hall of Fame?

Castillo had 4 losses going into the Gayweather fight.

Corrales was a good win, but it was in 2001. The hell else did Gayweather do for 15 years?

Hatton? Lol. Is he really great? Pacquiao blasted him out way worse. You know the version of Pacquiao that Gayweather was afraid of.

For all the sh.it you Fl0mos give Canelo about fighting these "Eurobums" like Saunders, Smith etc. you f.ags are sure quick to always have Hatton as one of Gayweather's top wins.

Pacquiao had some losses one of them being a brutal KO. He was nowhere near the same level as undefeated GGG.

BALCO Mosley? Lol. That cheating f.ag was off the juice when he fought Gayweather. Plus he had a whole bunch of losses. His career is a big fraud with how much he cheated and got multiple wins with steroids.

Face it Gayweather is an overhyped fraud that was afraid of prime Pacquiao or any tough challenge. Plus he sucks on man meat.

Comment

Working...
                      X