Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo still has no legacy defining wins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
    None. How can you be an ATG when your best win is a controversial decision over an aging boxer? If Canelo keeps going like this he's not going to be remembered as an ATG fighter.
    Must be nice to bleat on about a future HOF fighter not being remembered when nobody even knows who the hell YOU are! Classy.

Comment

Originally posted by LeOoze View Post

ggg is literally a hypejob lol. at least floyd fought great fighters.
      The thing is that he is canelo's best win, he was his toughest opponent that he didn't lose to, and old GGG was basically even with a prime canelo Alvarez so for canelo to be good than GGG has to be too. You can't separate their legacies no matter how hard you try but the thing is most canelo fans are just ex GGG fans who couldnt stand to see someone who looks like Bud Crawford atop the p4p list.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

The thing is that he is canelo's best win, he was his toughest opponent that he didn't lose to, and old GGG was basically even with a prime canelo Alvarez so for canelo to be good than GGG has to be too. You can't separate their legacies no matter how hard you try but the thing is most canelo fans are just ex GGG fans who couldnt stand to see someone who looks like Bud Crawford atop the p4p list.
        Beating Cotto > beating GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
          None. How can you be an ATG when your best win is a controversial decision over an aging boxer? If Canelo keeps going like this he's not going to be remembered as an ATG fighter.
          - - U wieners still moaning over Canelo?

Comment

I doubt it since everyone agrees Cotto won easily, but the majority of people scored both fights for GGG.

But I know most canelo fans say that the media is bull****, fine, let's look at the judges scorecards in that fight. The judges who are notoriously biased against Canelo. I do agree that the media gets **** wrong a lot.

Weisfeld 7-5 Canelo (same guy who scored the Bivol fight 7-5)

Moretti 7-5 Canelo (same guy who scored the Bivol fight 7-5)(

Glenn Feldman 6-6.

This means 2 things, if the judges are correct then it was a very close fight with G only needing 1 round on 1 judge's cards to retain his belts. Compare that to the Cotto scorecards who all had Canelo way ahead, it's obvious that version of GGG did better than that version Cotto. Neither were close to their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

I doubt it since everyone agrees Cotto won easily, but the majority of people scored both fights for GGG.

But I know most canelo fans say that the media is bull****, fine, let's look at the judges scorecards in that fight. The judges who are notoriously biased against Canelo. I do agree that the media gets **** wrong a lot.

Weisfeld 7-5 Canelo (same guy who scored the Bivol fight 7-5)

Moretti 7-5 Canelo (same guy who scored the Bivol fight 7-5)(

Glenn Feldman 6-6.

This means 2 things, if the judges are correct then it was a very close fight with G only needing 1 round on 1 judge's cards to retain his belts. Compare that to the Cotto scorecards who all had Canelo way ahead, it's obvious that version of GGG did better than that version Cotto. Neither were close to their prime.
              Maybe GGG has his number. But Cotto is a far better fighter. 4 division champ, 1x lineal. GGG was never "the man" at any division, and his best wins don't compare to Cotto's best wins. Even though the rematch was close, I felt Canelo won fair and square. Cotto wasn't prime, but I'd still rank it higher. Just my opinion.

Comment

Maybe GGG has his number. But Cotto is a far better fighter. 4 division champ, 1x lineal. GGG was never "the man" at any division, and his best wins don't compare to Cotto's best wins. Even though the rematch was close, I felt Canelo won fair and square. Cotto wasn't prime, but I'd still rank it higher. Just my opinion.
                Oh Cotto definitely has a far better resume, but GGG at 160 at that time was a much harder opponent to beat that Cotto at 155, who was really more of a junior welterweight. But even then Cotto never went on a dominant run, I'll never forget his fight with Paulie. It's sad, nobody on this site gives anybody credit for losses even if they perform well, but Paulie went in there, in a very hostile crowd at MSG against a prime cotto, took a vicious head butt early and fought that entire fight with 1 eye. Still knew he was down on the cards and too the fight to Cotto, takin 5 rounds on my cards against a prime motto, and this was with just 1 eye.

But it's like let's say Bivol beats Beterbiev in a close decision, it's like saying who is a better win, canelo or beterbiev, well obviously canelo has the better resume but Beteibev harder to beat at 175.

Comment

ggg is literally a hypejob lol. at least floyd fought great fighters.
                  Name me one great prime fighter Gayweather fought. Also, name me one fighter that Gayweather fought that was on the level of GGG when Canelo fought him.
                  blitted_master blitted_master likes this.

Comment

Margarito had already beat Cotto and Pacquiao destroyed Cotto all before fighting Fraud.

Cotto may very well be a greater fighter than GGG, but Gayweather fought him when he had been beaten twice.

Beating 2018 undefeated GGG >>>>>>>>>> beating 2012 two loss Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

You can put Casamayor in that list too.
                      Oh yeah, he made a million excuses not to fight Cepillo.

Comment

Working...
                      X