Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did you realize Mayweather was a fraud?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did you realize Mayweather was a fraud?

For me, it was definitely when he opted to drag Marquez up over 10lbs to fight instead of fighting prime Pacquiao. After that, it was all downhill from then. Remember when he said Victor Ortiz was a better, fresher version than Pacquiao? LMAO

Fraud gayweather

Well he wasn't a fraud in my book but he was an expert at navigating the sport in the way that was most favourable to him.

Is that a bad thing? I suppose everyone will have their own answer to that.

To me he 100% avoided peak Pacquiao, I'm talking the one that fought Oscar, Hatton and Cotto, he 100% didn't want to know.

By the time that fight happened Pacquiao had lost more than a step, Floyd waited him out knowing that Pacquiao relied on physicality a lot more than Floyd did.

It was cynical, I don't know who wins a prime Pac vs a prime Floyd, but the fact it was Floyd who prevents me from knowing weighs heavily in my historical ranking of him.
    Boxing-1013 Boxing-1013 Rec28 Rec28 like this.

Comment

Canelo fans are obsessed with Floyd. Just know that nothing you say will detract from the fact that Canelo was schooled by Bivol.

Comment

NEVER! It’s shocking that Floyd hasn’t fought a meaningful fight in more than five years, yet every single day there are douche bag threads like this.

Comment

Floyd is history now, but what I always remember is everyone eagerly anticipating him naming his next opponent and it usually was anti climatic and a dissapointment. If floyd had a policy of fight the toughest available underdog it would be easy to pick opponent and nobody would criticize floyd ie thurman, spence, brook etc.
          not maidana, berto, ortiz types who were too big a underdog.
          Moral of story is fighting underdogs is ok so long as they are toughest underdogs available, otherwise it's cherrypicking
          Last edited by hugh grant; 05-19-2022, 10:03 AM.

Comment

After the Castillo robbery, he went four fights in a row fighting bums (Sosa, N'Dou, Corley, and Bruseles.) He then avoided a De la Hoya rematch after another robbery and to cement that he was the biggest fraud of all time, he ducked Pacquiao for 5-6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloBlue View Post
              For me, it was definitely when he opted to drag Marquez up over 10lbs to fight instead of fighting prime Pacquiao. After that, it was all downhill from then. Remember when he said Victor Ortiz was a better, fresher version than Pacquiao? LMAO
              Lol come on now.

Floyd is a legend. You’re trolling if you say otherwise or else you don’t know **** about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                To me he 100% avoided peak Pacquiao, I'm talking the one that fought Oscar, Hatton and Cotto, he 100% didn't want to know.

By the time that fight happened Pacquiao had lost more than a step, Floyd waited him out knowing that Pacquiao relied on physicality a lot more than Floyd did.

It was cynical, I don't know who wins a prime Pac vs a prime Floyd, but the fact it was Floyd who prevents me from knowing weighs heavily in my historical ranking of him.
                Dr. Steelhammer, come on man ---> look at the timeline, if you think Floyd navigated anything but trying to get Manny in the ring, you're living in outerspace.

MAYWEATHER-PACQUIAO NEGOTIATIONS TIMELINE PART 1
                http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10156.html

MAYWEATHER-PACQUIAO NEGOTIATIONS TIMELINE PART 2
                http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10243.html

Comment

Y'all some losers
                  The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                    Fraud gayweather

Well he wasn't a fraud in my book but he was an expert at navigating the sport in the way that was most favourable to him.

Is that a bad thing? I suppose everyone will have their own answer to that.

My thoughts really

Comment

Working...
                    X