Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bill Haney Not (Yet) Permitted To Travel To Australia; Yoel Judah To Lead Devin Haney's Corner For Kambosos Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

the US has the same kind of rule - if you have a court conviction for a 'serious' crime you're not getting a visa. It's beyond stupid that a 1 year sentence from 30 years ago can still mess your life up
    We have open borders nowadays, so anything goes in the good old US of A!

Comment

Damn….1992 was 30 fuggin years ago.
      Last edited by MeanestNiceGuy; 05-18-2022, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Church, Haney's hype man, won't be there either. So it's just Haney and Judah going over right now.

Comment

Originally posted by psychofusion View Post

This is false. I went to Canada with my Dad who has a DUI conviction. We did get held up in customs for awhile because of it. Conviction was in the 80's
          Couple years ago I was doing an MLB series in Toronto, and our graphics guy was flat out denied entry for his DUI. Maybe there’s a time limit you have to outrun, but what I’m saying is definitely NOT false.

Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

I always though that Zab Judah would have done a lot better without his dad. He was a real talent, but lost his composure a few too many times. I think someone new could have taken him to another level. His team gave him crap advice in close fights.
            Good Luck to Devin
            Gary Coleman Gary Coleman likes this.

Comment

Haney getting stopped regardless.

Comment

The OZs are not giving them any leeway... Matilda waiting for them in the airport to kick their a$ssesss....

Comment

Thirty years is a long time to be crying about 2 keys. He did his time. 31 years later let him live his life, even if it's vicariously through Devin. I do think Yoel and Zab can get him through this fight though. Supposedly the issue with Ben Davidson reverts back to the Daniel Kinahan mess, which started in Ireland, USA, and has spread like a wildfire. This is what I read but the source isn't the best so I would be reluctant to put that source up, even though that does kind of make sense.
                  mach3833 mach3833 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    1992 was a long time ago, I feel for the guy, hope they let him in.
                    Indeed, but I guess it’s unlikely they’re going to bend the rules, because then you have to start doing it for everyone.

You would think there’s at least some kind of appeal process in place where you can show you’ve had no convictions for many years, can prove your employment etc. that would likely be the most sensible thing in cases like this.

I remember Parker v Hughie Fury was going to originally be in New Zealand and Peter Fury couldn’t get a visa. Same as when Tyson Fury fought in Canada and USA earlier in his career, he wasn’t in his corner. So it seems to be the case in quite a few countries.
                    mach3833 mach3833 likes this.

Comment

No problem. Haney isn't a stupid idiot Teofimo Hopez and is going to lay a skills ass whoopin on Kambozo.

Comment

Working...
                      X