Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara: People Are Avoiding Me at 160 Just Like They Did at 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post
    Canelo vs. Lara at 160 rematch would be good
    Lol not even chopping up a limb canelo does 60 ever again

Comment

I didn’t even know Lara was at 160 lol I kinda forgot about him

Comment

Lara keeps himself in great shape, the guy is in tremendous shape and physique for all of his fights but I think at 39 years old, he is there for the taking by a young and hungry fighter. Kind of like Rigondeaux vs Casimero.

Lara has always been a highly skilled boxer, but only a fighter that wins 6-7 rounds, versus almost everyone. He just always fights closely to his top ranked opponents. Canelo, Castaño, Hurd, Vanes. His best and most dominant wins were vs Paul Williams where he got robbed, Alfredo Angulo when Angulo was top 10, and Austin Trout. But that was in his prime, he was fighting dudes to draws and 115-113 performances.

That is not going to get better I don’t think. I think he should stay at 154 if he can and wait for Spence and Crawford to come up.

Comment

Lara is a class act. Once ran into him at the Rolex Boutique in the Houston Galleria. In between buying yachmasters, Datejusts, and Submariners, we had a pretty decent chat when he saw and I said I recognised him. Doesn’t have the best grasp of the Queen’s but what little he did know combined with the Spanish I know we made it work. Nice young man, wish him well in the twilight of his career

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Old Lara sucks. I remember this guy was fighting Williams, Angulo, Trout, everybody. Now he only fights losers. He can retire imo.
            I’d like to see his old ass fight 2 more over rated fighters. The Charla twins. They have been avoiding him for Al most 10 years.

Comment

If canelo does an immediate bivol rematch ggg should fight charlo 160 for belts and name. Or lara similar age and would be a name. Charlo doesnt like taking risk lara a name

Comment

It seems Lara might be past his best. He took too much punishment against Hurd.

Comment

How is a defence of "regular" title even going ahead? There's a "super" champion at 160 and wba are supposed to be sorting this bs out, aren't they?!
                  alexoneness alexoneness likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

I’d like to see his old ass fight 2 more over rated fighters. The Charla twins. They have been avoiding him for Al most 10 years.

He has the same trainer as jermall.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post

He has the same trainer as jermall.
                      No wonder they won’t fight. Their all scared of each other. How bout Charla fight Bud after Spence. Oh, that’s right, Charla scared if that little dude too.

Comment

Working...
                      X