No announcement yet.

When Your Fighter Gets Exposed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post
    Why do people take it so personally, lose their temper at the world, refuse to admit they were wrong?

Let me put it this way. You've been beating your chest hard for 2 years now talking about how your guy is invincible, is better than Ali, will go up to HW and smash usyk, and can't do no wrong. We've been questioning that. Now that we have been proven right about EVERYTHING and you wrong, you think you would show some humility and admit you are not perfect.

But no, you double down on the hatred.

If my favorite fighter got his ass beat every minute of all 12 rounds, I wouldn't be making excuses like you all are.
    There’s a big difference between box-ing fans box-er fans. I always remember being in the MGM lobby after Canelo-GGG 1 and people were literally justifying the 118-110 scorecard and they were being genuine too. With superstar fighters there’s always a sense of tribalism. Floyd and Pac fans were the same, it was De La Hoya and Jones Jr fans before that, it’s how it’s always been tbh.

Comment

even great fighters can get exposed [manny in Marquez 3 or recently Alvarez-Bivol]

What's important is don't buy into hype jobs [Broner]

the scammed often become the biggest defenders of their scammer

Comment

Why do we always call champions who lose a fight "exposed"? Why do we have this Nelson Muntz mentality whereby we s****** and mock fans when their favourite fighters lose?
        Why do we stigmatize a loss in boxing and yet complain that boxers today don't take risks? Boxing fans are the worst.
        MikeyG MikeyG Shadoww702 Shadoww702 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
          I don't think Alvarez has been exposed, he has just been beaten.

People who are honest, have always known? That Alvarez lacks gears, endurance is under par, and his movement I would even rate it as world class.

I have always known this, and I have always stated it time and time again during debates.

Alvarez is a great fighter, just a level below fighters such as Floyd Mayweather Junior, Roy Jones Junior & Manny Pacquiao etc.

Note: I picked Alvarez to beat Bivol. I had never seen Bivol fight, but I did watch sections of his fights before I made my prediction.

I don't really rate Bivol super highly compared to some past fighters. He just seems like a bigger well disciplined, basic fighter with top quality physical attributes. I don't see any monster power, don't see any genius type creativity, or off the charts endurance.

I think Alvarez can find a way to win the rematch. If Alvarez had Joe Calzaghe's or Carl Froch's endurance? He would of probably just about beat Bivol.

I agree with everything except Canelo winnig the rematch. I think Bivol wins easier the second time around.
          eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

There’s a big difference between box-ing fans box-er fans. I always remember being in the MGM lobby after Canelo-GGG 1 and people were literally justifying the 118-110 scorecard and they were being genuine too. With superstar fighters there’s always a sense of tribalism. Floyd and Pac fans were the same, it was De La Hoya and Jones Jr fans before that, it’s how it’s always been tbh.
            It's sad he lost every second of that fight but fanboys wanna act like all you can do is give him credit

Comment

It's sad he lost every second of that fight but fanboys wanna act like all you can do is give him credit
              I think this is enough about Canelo. I mean making negative threads about him.

You can step on someone while they are down. We shouldn't overdo it. Canelo is a very good boxer (B+ at his best). He overvalued his limit. He was beaten by a good, basic fighter. Bivol is a standard boxer. Nothing wowing.

I hope he retires and enjoys his health and wealth. He has made a lot. Time to exit.

If not, good luck to him.

Comment

What ya gonna do when Bud announces he fighting another NO HOPER

Comment

Just announced Crawford vs. Michael McKinson

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

I think this is enough about Canelo. I mean making negative threads about him.

You can step on someone while they are down. We shouldn't overdo it. Canelo is a very good boxer (B+ at his best). He overvalued his limit. He was beaten by a good, basic fighter. Bivol is a standard boxer. Nothing wowing.

I hope he retires and enjoys his health and wealth. He has made a lot. Time to exit.

If not, good luck to him.
                    I hate stepping on people when they are down, that includes Canelo Alvarez.

If his fanboys would just say what you said, that he is a very good boxer, B+ at best, overvalued his limited, but beaten by a good but basic smaller fighter, we wouldn't have to have this conversation.

I was a Wilder fan. But we took our loss to Fury like men and moved on, admitted he wasn't as good as I thought.
                    BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

I enjoy watching canelo fight he is a great fighter, one of the best of this era, but to me he just hasn't proven he's the best, it's the opposite, many fighters have proved they're just as good as him. It's when his fans beat their chest and say he is invisible, will go up to HW and he power will use keep getting stronger and stronger, will finish usyk with a bodyshot since usyk is a euro bum.

Always have been one.
                      I agree with my old Dad who went to the USA on vacation when he was a kid and went to see SRR live at the Garden, '54.
                      Then met Ted Williams at the hotel (they were staying at the same hotel) and he thinks Canelo is nothing special. I think he is just a cash cow, a B+ fighter.

Let me go get some sleep. Leaving the Caribbean at 6 am
                      Last edited by eco1; 05-16-2022, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X