Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do blacks only support black athletes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most people on here either only support their own, or greatly prefer their own over other groups.

I have no issue with it, but most of those same people are unable to accurately rate fights and fighters because of that bias. That's the shame of it.

Comment

Instead of you making a thread about a great win by a black champion last night, you decided to make a thread talking down on some alleged black fans that only support black athletes. As long as you've been on this site, you've never actually said much positive about any current black fighter. What's that about? Oh wait, you have a SRR avatar so you must support black fighters!

Comment

Originally posted by TreyShaw View Post

Exactly

Point made.
        Child please you’re a small time troll.

Comment

Even if that is the case, there is not actually wrong with that is there? everyone is entitled on having preferences, it is not like they go out of their way to derail the athlete's careers.

However, for boxing I agree that bias makes some fans unable to accurately rate fights of whatever ethnic background they are.
          Last edited by Feroz; 05-15-2022, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyShaw View Post
            Serious legitimate question. Please no BS answers.

You see Latinos, Asians, white, middle eastern all supporting black athletes. For example Asians love basketball you see them supporting guys like Shaq, kobe, LeBron etc, you see Latinos with tmt gear especially when Floyd was around, Tyson, Ali shirts. I see white fans supporting Pac and canelo at random boxing events but you never EVER see black fans supporting any non black athlete yet they accuse other of doing what they do the most.

What's up with that?
            Come on, to say ALL people support different races and ALL blacks support only black athletes is stupid.
            I’ve got one. Why do all stupid people write dumb sheeit?? And why do all stupid people always think their right??

Comment

Nothing wrong with supporting your own kind but at the end of the day I respect success and class. It's just friendly competition and may the best man win. In most sports, race is an issue, but not as big an issue as boxing, because you have to PROVE you are the best because everyone has rules to follow. If Tom Brady wants to prove he's the best player in the league then he has to go through the most dangerous defenses. Some years it was the giants, some years the ravens, some the Seahawks. There is no ducking or denying teams the opportunity to compete.

Boxing is the only sport where you can get a $360 ml contract, stroll around in D&G silk pajamas and $10,000 sunglasses, call yourself the best without actually having to go through that dangerous defense. Denying fighters the opportunity to prove themselves.

Let's face it, these opportunities being denied are typically denied to black fighters. Andrade, Charlo, Devin Haney, Tank, Shakur. In any other sport Canelo would have been forced to rematch Lara and Trout and fight Andrade and Charlo if he wanted that $360 million paycheck. But it came at the expense of many black fighters who never received the opportunity to prove they were better than canelo. Alvarez never earned it the hard way like Jordan, Brady, Gretzky.

Andre Ward and Usyk entered a tournament where they didn't get to pick their opponents. Would Canelo do the same?
              Last edited by TernceBudCharlo; 05-15-2022, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Why are you so obsessed with black people?

Comment

Because blacks like to play, "everyone else is racist except for us..." Check out what's going on in South Africa.

Comment

It seems like you are stressed out about something. Chill out.

Your claim is too narrowminded and blanket. Your thread has so many holes I don't know where to start. You are on here often and see a lot of the members you perceive as "black" supporting boxers like Bivol, Katie Taylor, William Zepeda, etc. Are they pretending?

It's not that serious man.

Comment

I also think you are taking the Canelito loss too hard.
                      If Davis (my favorite boxer) lost, you wouldn't hear a peep from me.

Keep rollin' with the punches.
                      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 05-15-2022, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X