Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol Sets The Table For Undisputed: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bivol Sets The Table For Undisputed: Weekend Afterthoughts

Dmitry Bivol looked like he might be on his way to being the best light heavyweight in the world after a string of victories that included Jean Pascal and Joe Smith Jr.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No excuses now. They have aged Beterbiev since 2019 if he wins his next fight. No more excuses from the manager. If they can't beat him now, they never could.
    oldschoolfool oldschoolfool likes this.

Comment

team Bivol is smarter than credited for. They wanted Canel 3+ years ago, even willto drop to 168 but he still looked dangerous. So they looked mediocre in past few fights to bate Canelo’s team. Bivol wouldn’t knock him out Saturday in order to secure a second career defining payday (the rematch) then they go for all the marbles UNDISPUTED! Career finishes with fame, glory, and riches. Smart moves huh
      pasini pasini likes this.

Comment

Maybe I play too much chess
        blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

I don't think the table is set at all - Canelo money created incentive for DAZN and Top Rank to work out some sort of deal for Canelo vs the winner of Beterbiev/Smith.

Without Canelo, I don't know that it gets done. How many fights does Beterbiev have left in his Top Rank contract?

Comment

If Canelo Bivol 2 doesn't happen and Beterbiev gets its done with Smith Jnr then it will happen. Itll be huge. AS good as Crawford vs spence , Usyk vs Fury, Fury vs Joshua, Wilder vs Joshua, Canelo vs Benavidez, Josh Taylor vs Connor Benn.

Comment

An undisputed fight certainly became much more lucrative after the Bivol win and the Beterbiev-Smith fight can raise the profile of the winner tremendously. Only way that Arum ever does the fight because he's already stated he had no interest in this fight.

Comment

I don't think Canelo likes what he sees coming up at 168 Morel, Benavidez Charlo and Andrade are all serious challenges, plus it harder to use the size excuse if he loses to them.
                BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Funny that, in restrospect, Beterbiev could have been a better matchup against Canelo than Bivol was. I think Canelo could box and counter Beterbiev more easily.

Comment

I don't see how a fight between 2 Russians could ever happen in the US or how a US promoter/network could ever want to be involved. Not even Bob is that shameless.

Maybe conman Eddie can stage it in Saudi Arabia.
                    Last edited by Feint First; 05-09-2022, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X