Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: I'm Not Going To Let Valdez Win Go to My Head Like Lopez Did With Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shakur is like Ali--very hateable so people want to see him whipped. Most likely his time will come. There is always somebody out there who could ruin his day.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

Once again we know what time it is
      Too right we do mate, too right. But how do those types just never want to admit it
      mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
        This last year Ive seen an explosion of guys measuring and stiff arming. Not sure when this became legal. Its never called anymore but it used to be cheating. Stevenson takes it to an extreme. But the ref warned him about a hundred and thirty times with no points. It clearly is the key to Shakurs style.
        It’s the key? That’s not correct. It’s not penalized often but it’s not like you have to stand there and take it. Head movement, make him pay for not having one side of his defense ready, counter quick, there are many options to avoid getting stiff armed all night and Oscar did none of them. Goes to showing who’s boss in the ring, you can’t let someone rub your hair all night and expect the ref to save you, fight back.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post
          He is a very smart man.

These same people hating on Shakur LOVED Teofimo.

You think Shakur is cocky and arrogant?

Teofimo was one million times more cocky and arrogant and a horrible person. He taunted his opponent when he was out cold. Evil stuff.

Yet you dcafs have the audacity to say you don't like shakur because he is arrogant?

We know what time it is.
          I'm not big on Shakur, and I'm no fan of Teo either. So, although your statement fits your narrative, that doesn't make it true.

Confident is one thing. Arrogant is another. Each to his own opinion, but your statement is just hot air.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post

It’s the key? That’s not correct. It’s not penalized often but it’s not like you have to stand there and take it. Head movement, make him pay for not having one side of his defense ready, counter quick, there are many options to avoid getting stiff armed all night and Oscar did none of them. Goes to showing who’s boss in the ring, you can’t let someone rub your hair all night and expect the ref to save you, fight back.
            I don't disagree with you. I even threw out the option I would use, but if someone is fouling you, constantly, then the ref should interject and enforce the rules rather than leave it up to you to overcome it. Unless of course we decided it's not a foul anymore. Like palming in basketball. Then everyone will be doing it, and indeed it seems to me that's whats happening. That's my point. That's why Im seeing it more than ever before. When did they stop enforcing that?
            I think it was the key since it really affected Oscar
            Last edited by Wacked_Out; 05-06-2022, 04:08 PM.

Comment

This last year Ive seen an explosion of guys measuring and stiff arming. Not sure when this became legal. Its never called anymore but it used to be cheating. Stevenson takes it to an extreme. But the ref warned him about a hundred and thirty times with no points. It clearly is the key to Shakurs style.
              Maybe the ref didn't want to play a role in a unification fight, it's not penalized often like others are saying but....it was like 9 rounds of warnings. Bayless noticed it pretty early in the fight and continued with the warnings - I was just sitting there OK bro, how many warnings you gonna give with no action? I don't care iether way, I just want to know. 12-20-30?
              Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

I don't disagree with you. I even threw out the option I would use, but if someone is fouling you, constantly, then the ref should interject and enforce the rules rather than leave it up to you to overcome it. Unless of course we decided it's not a foul anymore. Like palming in basketball. Then everyone will be doing it, and indeed it seems to me that's whats happening. That's my point. That's why Im seeing it more than ever before. When did they stop enforcing that?
                I think it was the key since it really affected Oscar
                It's like palming a basketball if palming a basketball had a distinct disadvantage (leaving open self-defense) to the offense, which it doesn't. I hear you though. Pushing is also illegal but when you're the aggressor and you push an opponent into the corner, refs allow it. When you're being chased and you push a fighter off it's frowned upon. The boss dictates the fight in a lot of ways in the ring especially with low contact (not rabbit punching, low blows, elbows) fouls.

Comment

Working...
                X