Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Trainer on Spence: 'Bud Gon' Beat the **** Out of Him, Mark My Words'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
    Yes, the whole point of this thread is about the opinion of one man. That is literally what we are discussing: the merits of what Spence's trainer said.

My point is what his trainer said is horseshlt. If they really thought Crawford was going to beat up Spence, they would have called his bluff. What would there to be to lose? That they didn't maximise their earnings from that one lone fight but enhanced Crawford's future earnings from a younger age.

The actions they have taken -- consistently taking fights in which Crawford is the overwhelming favourite -- does not speak of supreme confidence in battering the best other fighter in the division.

They may well fancy their chances against Spence, but they certainly do not think a victory is a given, let alone believing they will "beat the shlt out of him, mark my words."

FACT: that offer was ridiculous

the chance that Bob Arum would accept a ridiculous offer is..... 0

the chance that Terrence Crawford would accept a ridiculous offer is..... 0

you should be WAY smarter than that

peddling that nonsense is shameful, and pretty disgraceful... not the actions of a genuine boxing fan

stop making wanky excuses to justify why your boy blurted out that ridiculous nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

FACT: that offer was ridiculous

the chance that Bob Arum would accept a ridiculous offer is..... 0

the chance that Terrence Crawford would accept a ridiculous offer is..... 0

you should be WAY smarter than that

peddling that nonsense is shameful, and pretty disgraceful... not the actions of a genuine boxing fan

stop making wanky excuses to justify why your boy blurted out that ridiculous nonsense

Once again the waves of the discussion are crashing against the buttress of your inability to comprehend the point I made.

The rhetorical point was if Crawford really believed he could beat up Spence, he should have snapped up any offer on the table and then beaten him up.

That you think that it is some kind of counterpoint to say there was zero chance of Crawford accepting the offer shows how pointless the discussion has become.

It provides no counter. On the contrary, it serves only to underline how Crawford's true appetite for the fight revolves purely around the economics. Once again: I agree.

Comment

Once again the waves of the discussion are crashing against the buttress of your inability to comprehend the point I made.

The rhetorical point was if Crawford really believed he could beat up Spence, he should have snapped up any offer on the table and then beaten him up.

That you think that it is some kind of counterpoint to say there was zero chance of Crawford accepting the offer shows how pointless the discussion has become.

It provides no counter. On the contrary, it serves only to underline how Crawford's true appetite for the fight revolves purely around the economics. Once again: I agree.

you are attempting to justify sillyness

FACT: that was a ridiculous offer

FACT: it is not possible that ridiculous offer could do anything other than kill the fight

based on those two facts... your 'woulda coulda shoulda' statement, is just nonsense

Comment

you are attempting to justify sillyness

FACT: it is not possible that ridiculous offer could do anything other than kill the fight

based on those two facts... your 'woulda coulda shoulda' statement, is just nonsense

Yeah, as I said, you don't comprehend the point. Your opinions labelled as facts changes none of that.

Comment

Since you want to bandy around the word 'FACT', let's talk fact. Actual fact. Not opinion.

Is there a precedent for a major title fight having an 80/20 split? Yes. Fact.

Is it recent? Yes, it was this year. Fact.

Was the fighter taking the 20% a box office draw? Yes. He'd even headlined PPV fights before.

Was that fighter sure he'd beat up his opponent? No. The other guy was the favourite, yet he still took the 20%.

Curious.

This proves nothing apart from an 80/20 split does not, as you claim, kill a major fight. Absolute fact. And that's when the guy getting the 20% isn't sure he'll beat the shlt out of his opponent.

You'd assume that someone who is sure they will beat the shlt out of the opponent would be more disposed to go for such a deal. That's only logical.

And, for the record, I am not saying Crawford should have taken such a shltty deal. I am saying that no-one believes he would beat up Spence, which is why he didn't take it.

If he did believe he was going to beat the shlt out of Spence it would in that instance be advantageous to snap up any deal to face him.
            Last edited by Monty Fisto; 05-11-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Since you want to bandy around the word 'FACT', let's talk fact. Actual fact. Not opinion.

Is there a precedent for a major title fight having an 80/20 split? Yes. Fact.

Is it recent? Yes, it was this year. Fact.

Was the fighter taking the 20% a box office draw? Yes. He'd even headlined PPV fights before.

Was that fighter sure he'd beat up his opponent? No. The other guy was the favourite, yet he still took the 20%.

Curious.

This proves nothing apart from an 80/20 split does not, as you claim, kill a major fight. Absolute fact. And that's when the guy getting the 20% isn't sure he'll beat the shlt out of his opponent.

You'd assume that someone who is sure they will beat the shlt out of the opponent would be more disposed to go for such a deal. That's only logical.

And, for the record, I am not saying Crawford should have taken such a shltty deal. I am saying that no-one believes he would beat up Spence, which is why he didn't take it.

If he did believe he was going to beat the shlt out of Spence it would in that instance be advantageous to snap up any deal to face him.

FACT: it is not possible that ridiculous offer could do anything other than... kill the fight

that ridiculous offer was just tard-fodder for the fanboys... and you gobbled that shlt up

your ' coulda woulda shoulda ' statement... is just nonsense

Comment

FACT: it is not possible that ridiculous offer could do anything other than... kill the fight

that ridiculous offer was just tard-fodder for the fanboys... and you gobbled that shlt up

your ' coulda woulda shoulda ' statement... is just nonsense

I accept your repeated offer of: you cannot discuss the issue reasonably.

I'm not even sure what point you are arguing. You think the trainer is talking truth and he knows Crawford would beat the shlt out of Spence and therefore has refused to sign for the fight because... what exactly?

Comment

Spence vs Crawford is the best fight in the world today.

Comment

I accept your repeated offer of: you cannot discuss the issue reasonably.

I'm not even sure what point you are arguing. You think the trainer is talking truth and he knows Crawford would beat the shlt out of Spence and therefore has refused to sign for the fight because... what exactly?

your ' coulda woulda shoulda ' statement is... nonsense, and totally realistic

simply because, the offer to enable that statement was... nonsense, and totally unrealistic

it is actually hilarious that you are still stumbling over those obvious facts

that ridiculous offer was just tard-fodder for the fanboys... the choice was... ignore that nonsense, or gobble that shlt up

Comment

Everytime I see a story about BoMac I think it's because he's dropped dead. I'm not even being funny.

I think it goes at least 10 but most likely all 12.

Comment

Working...
                      X