Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Anthony Yarde Against Winner of Beterbiev-Smith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Anthony Yarde Against Winner of Beterbiev-Smith

British promoter Frank Warren realizes that he needs to be extra prudent in the matchmaking for his charge Anthony Yarde, since it appears that the hard hitting light heavyweight contender is on the cusp of another shot at a divisional title - or possibly three.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The winner of Beterbiev/Smith might wait for that Canelo phone call given that he beats Bivol. If the GGG match happens for Canelo they might take Yarde for that easy UK money.
    Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      The winner of Beterbiev/Smith might wait for that Canelo phone call given that he beats Bivol. If the GGG match happens for Canelo they might take Yarde for that easy UK money.
      I doubt Beterbiev would take the lay up fight against Yarde in the UK he will just sit and wait for the phone to ring but I could see Average Joe going to the UK and giving Yarde hell. I'm not sure that Average Joe dont beat Beterbiev. It's not likely but it could be the night Beterbiev gets old and Average Joe has the fight of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

I doubt Beterbiev would take the lay up fight against Yarde in the UK he will just sit and wait for the phone to ring but I could see Average Joe going to the UK and giving Yarde hell. I'm not sure that Average Joe dont beat Beterbiev. It's not likely but it could be the night Beterbiev gets old and Average Joe has the fight of his life.
        I agree, odds are it goes the way you described. But boxing is the theater of the unknown.
        Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

I agree, odds are it goes the way you described. But boxing is the theater of the unknown.
          That's what I love about the sport.... the underdog can rule the world and the best of the best have bad days and look vulnerable!

Comment

Canelos team was said to be interested in a third Matchroom fight which allegedly might be in the UK against the winner of Buatsi/ Richards (for the easy UK money). In which case Yarde might be in suspended animation for a long time, if Beterviev waits.

Comment

If Bivol doesn't fight like this and goes on the retreat vs. a 5'7 midget and you think it's real, you need to do some boxing soul searching.

Comment

I think Yarde has a better chance against Beterbiev than Smith who I’ve never been hugely impressed with.

Yarde stepped up massively when he took on Kovalev and almost stopped him. He only lost as he failed to pace himself correctly and hadn’t been taken 12 hard rounds before.

Marcus Browne in my eyes is a much better fighter than Smith and Beterbiev had little trouble with him bar the headbuts.

Anyone writing Bivol off against Canelo simply doesn’t understand boxing sorry. You’ve got literally every expert, fighter and trainer you care to mention saying it’s a hard fight for Canelo and the first in a while he stands a good chance of loosing. I don’t think the future of 175 is in any way certain beyond the immediate fights coming up. I’d say Canelo is just as likely to loose as Beterbiev.

Comment

Smith is a strong inaccurate slugger with poor feet. Yarde is a sharpshooter with suspect stamina. I think the latter does better against Beterbiev who can box, has great footwork and is as strong as they come.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

If Bivol doesn't fight like this and goes on the retreat vs. a 5'7 midget and you think it's real, you need to do some boxing soul searching.
                    Highly skilled 5'7 midget though lol but yeah I do get ur point

Comment

Working...
                    X