Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Risking WBC Strap, All-Time Big Man Title Against Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do agree, Fury is outstanding for his size, and may be one of the all-time greats. What he does for a guy his size is quite phenomenal.

I don't subscribe to the saying though that a good or great big man will always beat a smaller guy. If the smaller heavyweight, even as Marciano and Joe Louis, hits like a mule, and has their skill, they can beat giants, such as the size of Fury and Primo Carnera.

Let's look at other y'all big guys with great talent and skill and power, namely Lewis, Bowe, Foreman (more power) and Holmes.

They were great in their primes. I know Bowe only looked prime in the first Holyfield fight, maybe the whole trilogy and the Gonzalez fight, but he had a great jab and a powerhouse. Lewis had it all, just not the greatest chin in those losses, but came back like a champion.

It would be wonderful if Fury had those level of opponents today, because I believe Fury would certainly hold his own and be competitive.
    denium denium likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PolitikDitto View Post
      Fury is nowhere near being the GOAT heavyweight and never will be. Dude wouldn't even be champion in the 90's. Prime Lennox folds him. Prime mike finishes him within 4. White people always gotta exaggerate every time they get something good. Fury is the greatest heavyweight. Eminem is the greatest rapper. Larry bird is the greatest ball player. Fury got all this hype by beating an over the hill Klitschko and a one dimensional deontary wilder ......fury is the best heavyweight in a very overrated era. Nothing more nothing less.
      Lennox might well beat Fury but Mike Tyson lol?

Mike Tyson couldn't fight man, he could beat up scared cans but he could not fight.

Fury would send Mike Tyson into clinical depression.

Comment

Originally posted by stellen View Post
        Biggest laugh of the year if the big gyppo is KO'd by joshua's leftovers.
        ————-
        Fury leftover, Wilder KO’s Joshua anytime they fight. That’s a reality
        Whyte KOing Fury is just wishful thinking,

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
          Lennox Lewis is the best of the big men. His resume is just too strong to argue. I am not saying negative things about Fury, but Lewis has the proof and Fury does not yet have it. I would love for him to prove me wrong.
          ————
          Perhaps. Bottom line though, Lewis got KO’d by two bums. That matters.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

this is seemingly the case but Whyte has an interesting take on it - he says his punch is different to Wilder's. (not sure if he has been reading Bread mailbag, but doubt it) - he says that Wilder's power is generated by speed whereas his punch is a thudding power punch, and then he adds that once he has someone in trouble he knows how to finish them off, unlike Wilder
            ———-
            Isn't that every boxer’s take when when they face Fury? They’ve all had “interesting” takes and yet that “interesting” take has never materialized.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Haven't had a dream in a long time
              See, the life I've had can make a good man bad
              So, for once in my life, let me get what I want
              Lord knows it would be the first time
              Lord knows it would be the first time

From what I understand the judges will not be from the UK, but, I dont know about the official : One thing that I am sure of is that Tyson has been getting a 20 second count in the U.S.A, and technically he was KO at least twice against Deontay 'The Bronze-Bum' Wilder.

You see, you dont have to completely render a man unconscious to force the ref to rule an opponent knocked-out, all you have to do is put him in bad shape ; just stun him long enough -- which has been a frequent reoccurrence in Tyson's string of luck. I know Dillian Whyte has enough sting in his punches to get the job done.
              Bruh
              You still pissed off that your Fav Fighter Wilder got knocked out by Fury?
              Lolololol

Comment

None of the fighters Fury was compared to popped dirty for PED's. I see him as much more comparable to Jess Willard, big strong and hard to hurt. He could fight four times this year, Whyte, Usky , AJ, Sanchez, could be an amazing run. ******* and terrible karaoke are much more likely. He has the opponents, he has the ability to show his greatness. I hope we get to see it, the balls is in Fury's court though its his play.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
                  Lennox Lewis is the best of the big men. His resume is just too strong to argue. I am not saying negative things about Fury, but Lewis has the proof and Fury does not yet have it. I would love for him to prove me wrong.
                  What hurts Lennox is that he got starched twice by lesser fighters. Not saying that Fury beats him, but you can't overlook his chin. I remember Emanuel Stewart yelling at him to be more aggressive, too. As good as Lennox was, he had flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                    Isn't that every boxer's take when when they face Fury? They've all had ;interesting takes and yet that interesting take has never materialized.
                    who is "they all" ? I'm a fan of Fury but lets face it he has only thought 2 world class opponents - Wlad and Wilder and Wlad was old and Wilder is one dimensional - that said - for me, beating Wilder so conclusively *****s Joshua's wins

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

Bruh
                      You still pissed off that your Fav Fighter Wilder got knocked out by Fury?
                      Lolololol
                      I find that mocking and ridiculing Tyson and his nitwit fans to be a great source of entertainment. This Saturday the laughs continue, I'm sure the goof is going to provide me quality material, as he never fails to disappoint.

Comment

Working...
                      X