Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Van Heerden On Benn: I See An Angry, Aggressive, Emotional Fighter Who Relies On His Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Van Heerden On Benn: I See An Angry, Aggressive, Emotional Fighter Who Relies On His Power

Chris van Heerden certainly doesn't lack confidence. A second straight fight against an unbeaten, rising welterweight is proof enough that the 34-year-old southpaw fears no man in the ring. The latest comes in a showdown with England's Conor Benn, with their scheduled twelve-round bout to headline a DAZN card this Saturday at AO Arena in Manchester, England.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Benn crouches a lot, hard target to hit and he springs up with fast hard punches. Stepping back in an angle is a key to get him frustrated. He does throw nice punches and his right hand is getting better. Heerden has to survive the first 3 rounds and try to frustrate him but at one point he will have to fight him to win the fight. Benn does reach a bit too much and lunges but he does fight in the pocket and does throw punches in between the other fighters offense.
    Last edited by STREET CLEANER; 04-16-2022, 02:54 PM.
    Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Eddie hearns matchmaking is terrible and often goes unmentioned. Warren at least protects his fighters but hearn is either overprotective or feeds them to the lions ie brook GGG, stupid fights like ritson vs patera and velasquez, lara for warrington as a warm up fight after hes been inactive. Zlatacanin for burns and on and on. Benn is a come forward young fighter who has been active and hes going against a soft puncher who will try box but is inactive and ring rusty with no power to keep him off. Benn will just outwork him and break him down like algieri its not an interesting competetive bout for a main even for a guy youre telling me is ready for the top boys. An avanesan type euro/fringe world guy who is prime is what we'd like to see and would have genuine intrigue, even marku at this moment in time, probs be an entertaining war for a few rounds. Then he wants broner next. Gtfo. Wake me up when he fights a live body, preferabely under someone under 31

Comment

Oh look i was right. Pointless mismatch.

Comment

Working...
        X