Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shane Mosley Jr. Motivated as Rosado Clash Nears, Still Eager To Become a Champion:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
    I'd like to see Mosley win this but it ain't happening. Horribly mismanaged by his father. With no amateur experience, he should have had 25 tune-ups just like Canelo and Wilder before he had to fight anyone legit or start fighting ranked fighters. He's actually a bit like Big Charlo, setting up the right.
    He actually had a decent amateur career fought like 40-50 times but yes regardless you would've thought he would've been moved better considering everything

Comment

I predict Mosely survives for a controversial decision after getting cracked and hurt at some point.

Comment

he got robbed against Quigley. Corrupt scorecards aren't to favor one race or ethnicity. They're corrupt to favor marketability. It just so happens that boxing judges, industry perceive Northern European people as more marketable. And in most cases, they're right. This is an important nuance lost on people. I think we all learn a lot about race by being boxing fans.

Comment

“I admire Gabe,” he said. “What he's done with his career is pretty incredible. With a record like his (26-14-1, 1 ND), people would think, automatically, okay, this guy's not a star, but he is. He's a star. With that record. If he can do it, that gives you inspiration to be like, 'Man, I can come back, I can do this, I can become champion.' He believes he can still be champion, and yeah, why not? I believe the same thing.”

He's a star ?!?!?!?

Del Boy is impressed

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
            “I admire Gabe,” he said. “What he's done with his career is pretty incredible. With a record like his (26-14-1, 1 ND), people would think, automatically, okay, this guy's not a star, but he is. He's a star. With that record. If he can do it, that gives you inspiration to be like, 'Man, I can come back, I can do this, I can become champion.' He believes he can still be champion, and yeah, why not? I believe the same thing.”

He's a star ?!?!?!?

Del Boy is impressed
            I agree King Gabe is a star in the boxing world. What other fighter with an abysmal record like Gabe's consistently get's high profile fights like he does, and everybody (in boxing) knows who he is, and has a big fan base? I can't think of anyone even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post

I agree King Gabe is a star in the boxing world. What other fighter with an abysmal record like Gabe's consistently get's high profile fights like he does, and everybody (in boxing) knows who he is, and has a big fan base? I can't think of anyone even close.
              at the royalty bit.

Does he get a tat after every L ?
              ''High'' profile is in the eye of the beholder....
              Everyone knows Broner too....and ?

Some boxing fans have very low standards.
              They admit he's a career loser yet praise him ?!?!?
              And those fans have the gall to criticize future HOFers ?!?!?

Losing is easy

Comment

What's one more L when the pay is this good, right ?

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

at the royalty bit.

Does he get a tat after every L ?
                  ''High'' profile is in the eye of the beholder....
                  Everyone knows Broner too....and ?

Some boxing fans have very low standards.
                  They admit he's a career loser yet praise him ?!?!?
                  And those fans have the gall to criticize future HOFers ?!?!?

Losing is easy
                  First off, his nickname is King, I didn't give it to him.

Second, I'm not saying Rosado is a great boxer. I'm just in agreement that he's famous (a star) in boxing circles. Broner (I can't stand him) is too.

Third, as for high-profile fights, here they are: GGG, Peter Quillin, Jermell Charlo, David Lemieux, Daniel Jacobs, and Jamie Munguia to go with A LOT of other "names" (too many to list). So, every eye should behold that correctly.

Lastly, while Gabe has lost MANY fights he's certainly not a loser. He's straight up a boxing winner (with a bank account to back it up). Rosado has rarely been blown out, he's a warrior who always gives it his all, he fights the biggest names he can get, he hasn't gotten the nod in any close decisions (though he's deserved some - like against Jacobs), and he's a likable guy, so he's easy to root for.

Why the hate?

Comment

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post

First off, his nickname is King, I didn't give it to him.

Second, I'm not saying Rosado is a great boxer. I'm just in agreement that he's famous (a star) in boxing circles. Broner (I can't stand him) is too.

Third, as for high-profile fights, here they are: GGG, Peter Quillin, Jermell Charlo, David Lemieux, Daniel Jacobs, and Jamie Munguia to go with A LOT of other "names" (too many to list). So, every eye should behold that correctly.

Lastly, while Gabe has lost MANY fights he's certainly not a loser. He's straight up a boxing winner (with a bank account to back it up). Rosado has rarely been blown out, he's a warrior who always gives it his all, he fights the biggest names he can get, he hasn't gotten the nod in any close decisions (though he's deserved some - like against Jacobs), and he's a likable guy, so he's easy to root for.

Why the hate?
                    The name of the game is winning.
                    OK...some notable guys have beaten him.
                    Should I applaud a boxer simply for doing his job (stepping into the ring and fight) ?

That's like handing out employee of the month awards for a worker just going to work, regardless if that employee does a shltty job.

I didn't say you crowned him. King of what.....What kind of village does he rule over ????

First boxing fans say 0's don't mean shlt because that undefeated fighter probably never fouight anyone
                    Then guys who have 10+ L's within a 50 fight span is ''a king''.

Rod Serling would love this place !

Comment

If only losing was a good thing

Comment

Working...
                      X