Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexis Rocha Rises To The Occasion in Win Over Blair Cobbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexis Rocha Rises To The Occasion in Win Over Blair Cobbs

By Corey Erdman - For two months after his fight with Rashidi Ellis, Alexis Rocha says he would go for a run every day and think about what went wrong. As he would stride up and down the streets of Santa Ana, he would go round by round, dissecting scenarios in which minor changes would have resulted in a win rather than his first career loss. But sometime around the two month mark, he had an awakening. Worrying about how to beat Ellis wasn't going to help him in the immediate future, for one, and also he concluded that the issues that caused him to lose were simply his own, rather than being outclassed by a superior opponent.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great win by Rocha. Cobns was all talk and no bite. Rocha proved Cobbs is nothing more than a 33yr old prospect. I know Canelo wants no part of Rocha and will duck himlike the plague after seeing his performance yesterday, but hopefully Rocha gets a big fight next.
    LeOoze LeOoze likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
      Great win by Rocha. Cobns was all talk and no bite. Rocha proved Cobbs is nothing more than a 33yr old prospect. I know Canelo wants no part of Rocha and will duck himlike the plague after seeing his performance yesterday, but hopefully Rocha gets a big fight next.
      "I know Canelo wants no part of Rocha and will duck himlike the plague after seeing his performance yesterday" That is joke, right? So Rocha beats "a 33yr old prospect" and Canelo is quaking in his boots that Rocha will call him out? That is laughable on its face.

This is a boxing site. Write accordingly! If your comment was an attempt at humor or irony or some such thing, you missed the mark. Try taking a writing course at your local community college. That might help.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post

"I know Canelo wants no part of Rocha and will duck himlike the plague after seeing his performance yesterday" That is joke, right? So Rocha beats "a 33yr old prospect" and Canelo is quaking in his boots that Rocha will call him out? That is laughable on its face.

This is a boxing site. Write accordingly! If your comment was an attempt at humor or irony or some such thing, you missed the mark. Try taking a writing course at your local community college. That might help.
        I’m still not sure on whether he’s attempting at being a troll, and a terrible one at that, or if he seriously believes the craps that he writes.
        Verus Verus likes this.

Comment

First good fight, that has to be said. I never thought much of Cobbs but there was a ligit fight in the ring. I look at Rocha as going strong in the right direction and seems like the type of fighter I could watch find out how much more of a fighter he can be and I say that with no disrespect he has not reached his limit yet. Cobbs has reached his limit at this time, leaned too heavy on the hype and never questioned himself. I don't like to give predictions but Cobbs will fade into insignifigence in short order now. Rocha (?) be interesting to see how much more he will develop.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
            First good fight, that has to be said. I never thought much of Cobbs but there was a ligit fight in the ring. I look at Rocha as going strong in the right direction and seems like the type of fighter I could watch find out how much more of a fighter he can be and I say that with no disrespect he has not reached his limit yet. Cobbs has reached his limit at this time, leaned too heavy on the hype and never questioned himself. I don't like to give predictions but Cobbs will fade into insignifigence in short order now. Rocha (?) be interesting to see how much more he will develop.
            He can definitely improve. He’s still young and has the time to learn new things. One of his weaknesses is not letting his hands go often. It could either be a stamina issue or it could just be his mentality. His loss against Rashidi Ellis is unfortunate. He started the first hall strong and was hammering away at Ellis’ body, but in the second half Rocha started being inactive and it cost him the fight. During the Cobbs fight, his corner was yelling at him to let his hands go and start throwing combinations because he kept letting Cobbs recover.

Comment

Ahhh, the feel good fight of the weekend. I hope Cobb can come back from this drubbing and return to form. People love to see talkers get quieted in dramatic fashion, Cobb could have some million dollar concussions.

Comment

I recognize what your are saying Vash, and other then the ring corner talking at him keeping him focused and as you said keep using his hands I would probably have to watch him fight that fight again, as I mentioned will be interesting to see how he develops. His opponent Cobbs had to be pushed hard to stop being what he was two years ago or so but there are limits to what anyone can do with a fighter and Cobbs leaned too heavy on the outside stuff and not on developing enough to see where he was and is on the inside as a fighter. That is something I do not think Cobbs has in him may never have it.

Comment

Blair the Flair will be back! woooooo!

Comment

Working...
                  X