Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis: Catterall Should Be Undisputed at 140, That Was a Clear Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis: Catterall Should Be Undisputed at 140, That Was a Clear Win

    Former unified junior welterweight champion Regis Prograis is only a few days away from his scheduled return in Dubai. Prograis, 33-years-old, faces Ireland's Tyrone McKenna in the co-main event on the second of two Probellum shows this weekend at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Stadium.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    So lets make Prograis vs Catterall
    pnut901 likes this.

    Comment


    • #3
      Clear quality wins are lacking in Josh Taylor's resume, I think he has about one ( maybe ) ; Ivan Baranchyk comes to mind. The others : Viktor Postol, Ryan Martin, Regis Prograis, Jose Ramirez involve controversy.

      I cant remember ever being impressed with a points victory for Josh Taylor, his boxing is horrible, Jack Catterall proved this by beating Taylor with some of the most basic strategies to beat a 'elite' champion that I ever seen. I knew that the boxingscene dropped the ball by including 'Tart-Tomato' in their P4P, this panel should follow suit with Tim Bradley, Andre Ward and the ESPN crew ; please DROP Josh Taylor from the boxingscene P4P.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Clear quality wins are lacking in Josh Taylor's resume, I think he has about one ( maybe ) ; Ivan Baranchyk comes to mind. The others : Viktor Postol, Ryan Martin, Regis Prograis, Jose Ramirez involve controversy.

        I cant remember ever being impressed with a points victory for Josh Taylor, his boxing is horrible, Jack Catterall proved this by beating Taylor with some of the most basic strategies to beat a 'elite' champion that I ever seen. I knew that the boxingscene dropped the ball by including 'Tart-Tomato' in their P4P, this panel should follow suit with Tim Bradley, Andre Ward and the ESPN crew ; please DROP Josh Taylor from the boxingscene P4P.
        He is without a doubt the most unimpressive undisputed champion I have ever seen

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

          He is without a doubt the most unimpressive undisputed champion I have ever seen
          [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]


          Why is it that the Taylor's are the worst undisputed champions in history? Josh Taylor, Jermain Taylor, Katie Taylor, what is going on here? Katie Taylor is technically the best of them, although she in my view is not the real undisputed lightweight champ for robbing the Belgium Wild-cat Delfine Persoon twice, on the record Katie has ''successfully'' defended her titles 5 times.

          But I dont know who is better between Jermain and Josh, I got to go with Jermain for his 'clear' win over Bernard Hopkins who had a handful of defenses for the middleweight crown -- thats where Josh belongs at 160 but he wont even fight a welterweight, especially Terence P4P Crawford.

          Comment


          • #6
            UFC and boxing get these ****ty decisions all the time, the correlation being the athletic commissions. How do you try and fix that?

            Comment


            • #7
              Prograis isn't wrong in his opinion on the Catterall decision. He is however 33 years old and his best days are passing him by with inactivity and/or meaningless fights.
              pnut901 likes this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

                [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]


                Why is it that the Taylor's are the worst undisputed champions in history? Josh Taylor, Jermain Taylor, Katie Taylor, what is going on here? Katie Taylor is technically the best of them, although she in my view is not the real undisputed lightweight champ for robbing the Belgium Wild-cat Delfine Persoon twice, on the record Katie has ''successfully'' defended her titles 5 times.

                But I dont know who is better between Jermain and Josh, I got to go with Jermain for his 'clear' win over Bernard Hopkins who had a handful of defenses for the middleweight crown -- thats where Josh belongs at 160 but he wont even fight a welterweight, especially Terence P4P Crawford.
                Something about that name or bloodline, but you are on to something

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Clear quality wins are lacking in Josh Taylor's resume, I think he has about one ( maybe ) ; Ivan Baranchyk comes to mind. The others : Viktor Postol, Ryan Martin, Regis Prograis, Jose Ramirez involve controversy.

                  I cant remember ever being impressed with a points victory for Josh Taylor, his boxing is horrible, Jack Catterall proved this by beating Taylor with some of the most basic strategies to beat a 'elite' champion that I ever seen. I knew that the boxingscene dropped the ball by including 'Tart-Tomato' in their P4P, this panel should follow suit with Tim Bradley, Andre Ward and the ESPN crew ; please DROP Josh Taylor from the boxingscene P4P.
                  He had the one bad (horrible) showing against Catterall. He clearly beat those other guys, so not sure why you're pretending that those outcomes were controversial.
                  pnut901 and GhostofDempsey like this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

                    He had the one bad (horrible) showing against Catterall. He clearly beat those other guys, so not sure why you're pretending that those outcomes were controversial.
                    I'm pretty sure that I already covered the assistance to Josh Taylor's career by referees /judges ( Victor Laughlin & Ian John Lewis ) , that were recently under a legitime investigation by the BBBofC. Ryan Martin and Viktor Postol serve as two instances that support my argument; for years I was mocked by the forums over my strong claims against the aforementioned crooked officials. But a few weeks ago BEHOLD, I was vindicated and proven my keen observation skills that I share with the boxing community every week.

                    You can check my post history for the details, you are welcome.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP