Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz (Rhabdomyolysis) Hospitalized, Forced To Withdraw From March 19 DAZN Headliner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
    2 things can cause this, intense exercise or training where you don't allow your muscles to rest, causing muscles to break down, which for Ortiz sake would be the one that caused it, because the other is dehydration, and if that's what it was, it's not a good sign, let's hope it's the latter.
    This right here. Rhabdo occurred with some of the gents back in my youth that I trained with. Saw it mostly with physical stress and dehydration (either not properly hydrating or drinking too much alcohol when away from training). Hope Vergil recovers quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      So multiple people are saying it was due to weight issues. Dang, that sucks if true. Why couldn't he have tried to see if he could negotiate with McKinson's team to have the fight at 150 or something?

Ortiz should never have left Garcia in the first place but looks like his camp was impacted with him not knowing who his trainer was going to be and trying out a few different gyms.

Hope he gets back in the ring soon.
      The condition is common with MMA fighters making weight. Is Ortiz big for the weight? Or just messed up cutting this time.

Comment

Was Manny Robles pushing him too hard?

Comment

Time to switch over to the Reynoso gym to make sure you cut weight correctly.
          MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

its like 4 days from fight night, sounds like his weight cutting was too hard from the description of his diagnosis. electrolytes and kidneys all ***ed up and treatment is restoring fluids and rest.

Comment

Ortiz looks so bad in this. Not to mention the McKinnon fight looks like a duck of Avanyesan.
              Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

“As fighters, our first instinct is to fight whatever we have and tough it out. It takes a lot of courage to admit that something is wrong and get the care that you need.” - DLH

Nothing to admit. It’s something that literally needs emergency care asap. There is nothing to deny or admit or keep fighting. It’s like “admitting” to a heart attack. Ortiz doesn’t have a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronbnb View Post
                  Ortiz looks so bad in this. Not to mention the McKinnon fight looks like a duck of Avanyesan.
                  I am sure he looks bad, to someone who has no concept of what the medical issue it is that he has. Or any concept whatsoever of anything medical, period.

It’s easier to argue that he has gone out of his way to become fake hospitalized to duck a guy with 2 KO’s, than it is to actually try to understand what he was hospitalized with.

But that’s the world we live in.

Comment

Clown should've been fighting at 154 instead of killing himself to pad his record of fighting little guys with no threat. If he comes back to 147 then he's a coward

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

This right here. Rhabdo occurred with some of the gents back in my youth that I trained with. Saw it mostly with physical stress and dehydration (either not properly hydrating or drinking too much alcohol when away from training). Hope Vergil recovers quickly.
                      There is more logic to the bold than most probably realize. I obviously cant say for sure but I have seen this very thing because of drinking and then lack of proper hydration. Good call.

Comment

Working...
                      X