Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hope Mayweather loses (not a hate thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Mayweather loses (not a hate thread)

The best thing that could possibly happen to Mayweather (in my opinion) is to get beaten. I don't give a **** about an unbeaten record, i guarantee you he will be ten times the fighter he is now if he lost a fight and came back. All the great fighters have lost and come back in devastating fashion. He would go on an absolute rampage and show us his real offensive skills due to not caring anymore about an unbeaten record. It should hopefully make him more acceptable as a person too because the loss would humble him.

Right now i respect his skills, but due to his unbeaten record he is too cocky, too afraid to fight the best in fear of losing the 0 and his offence is not as exciting as it used to be back in the Super Featherweight days. All that would go away hopefully and we get to see a more formidable version of Floyd Mayweather.

It's one thing to go through your career undefeated, it's another thing to have the courage and heart to come back from a loss and beat the man that beat you.

I agree. He's a very talented boxer. He should be fighting the best the welterweight division has to offer. I acknowledge that he has done well in the past, but there are too many good welterweights for him to continue playing the pick-and-choose game that he plays. It may not tarnish his "0" to not fight the best, but it will tarnish his legacy.

He kind of reminds me of Roy Jones. Roy Jones left the middle weight divisions when the divsions were picking up steam because he wanted to fight lesser able opponents at the higher weight classes. Many criticized him then, wondering if he was just avoiding tough challenges. Now, past his prime, he wants to fight again at the middle weights.... The only problem is that now he has to beg for a fight. I wonder if the same could happen to Mayweather. A couple of notable losses, and people will start saying that he was overrated all along.

When will boxers realize that the fans don't like the bull****. Be a man, train hard, fight hard, and we'll love you in the end- win or lose.

Comment

I think he's too much of a diva, primadonna, whatever you like to call it. If he lost now I think it would be it. He couldnt stand not being undefeated. Maybe he would come back later, but it would take some maturing.

Comment

I am sure alot of people are going to agree with you. Tons of Floyd haters in this community.

Comment

Originally posted by terrio View Post
          I am sure alot of people are going to agree with you. Tons of Floyd haters in this community.
          You saying he's mature? C'mon, wake up!

Comment

i don't think he really needs to "become 10 times the fighter he is now"... he's already the best

losing would help his public relations though. people get salty when they never get to see you face adversity (proof: this forum's overboard hatred of floyd himself and joe calzaghe)

Comment

Working...
            X