Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Golovkin, Khan-Brook, Mayweather, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
    130-147 is 4 divisions not 5 Mr Breadcrumb
    ———
    Wow! You are correcting an expert on boxing.
    154 was implied hence the 5 weight moniker but the question was on 130-147

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

Floyd fought at 154 too.
      I know that, that’s not what I or breadcrumb said though… so, go on now, move it along buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
        ———
        Wow! You are correcting an expert on boxing.
        154 was implied hence the 5 weight moniker but the question was on 130-147
        I don’t see the implications please point me to it

Comment

I don’t see the implications please point me to it
          ———-
          Do you really need someone to tell you that Floyd won titles at 154?
          Or do you need someone to tell you that Floyd won belts in 5 weight classes?
          Bread didn’t have to specify that. He was answering the question about Floyd fighting the top guys historically from 130-147 so saying Floyd was a 5 division champ was stating the obvious 154 too. How is this an argument?

Comment

Dead on with the GGG vs Canelo topic. I gave GGG both fights but he literally got everything he asked for in the second fight and couldn’t put Canelo away. Since then, Canelo has stayed active and looks very sharp. GGG has been out of the ring and will turn 40 in a month. I HATE this fight at this point. This feels like the kind of sad fight that could permanently impact GGG. Having a granite chin is great until you’re a 40 year old struggling to pull the trigger against a prime fighter who can bang. Then all it leads to is you taking sustained damage while remaining on your feet for a beating. I’d love to be wrong.
            buge buge likes this.

Comment

———-
              Do you really need someone to tell you that Floyd won titles at 154?
              Or do you need someone to tell you that Floyd won belts in 5 weight classes?
              Bread didn’t have to specify that. He was answering the question about Floyd fighting the top guys historically from 130-147 so saying Floyd was a 5 division champ was stating the obvious 154 too. How is this an argument?
              I think bread made a mistake and I’m not going on assumptions I’m going on what he states which was 130-147 and that’s not 5 divisions it’s 4. Trust me I know the history I know Floyd fought in 5 weight classes and champ in all 5. But he said Floyd can handle or give anyone trouble in 5 divisions who ch I don’t agree with, 4 ok yeah… but at 54 Floyd gets iced by some of the greats at that weight

Comment

I think bread made a mistake and I’m not going on assumptions I’m going on what he states which was 130-147 and that’s not 5 divisions it’s 4. Trust me I know the history I know Floyd fought in 5 weight classes and champ in all 5. But he said Floyd can handle or give anyone trouble in 5 divisions who ch I don’t agree with, 4 ok yeah… but at 54 Floyd gets iced by some of the greats at that weight
                ————-
                I’d agree with you in that context. Floyd was a small WW.
                Floyd literally walks at the weight he fights at. Guys like Cotto and Spence probably are at 170 when not training

Comment

————-
                  I’d agree with you in that context. Floyd was a small WW.
                  Floyd literally walks at the weight he fights at. Guys like Cotto and Spence probably are at 170 when not training
                  For sure… it was just an honest overlook I think, doesn’t take anything away from Floyd’s greatness and breadcrumbs intellect
                  Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X