Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Jesse Rodriguez Stuns Carlos Cuadras, Captures WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Jesse Rodriguez Stuns Carlos Cuadras, Captures WBC Title

Rodriguez, Cuadras Fight Photos Gallery - Jesse Rodriguez put on a clinical display to win the WBC World Super-Flyweight title against Carlos Cuadras at the Footprint Center in Phoenix, Arizona. (photos by Ed Mulholland)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Does anyone else find it interesting that Jesse fights just like Canizales, and that both are from Texas (Orlando from Laredo), and that both were young world champions at about the same age? Plus Bam is about to be a future P4P star once he unifies, especially if he fights Chocolatito next. But I just find it interesting that he fights just like Canizales.
    ruedboy ruedboy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
      Does anyone else find it interesting that Jesse fights just like Canizales, and that both are from Texas (Orlando from Laredo), and that both were young world champions at about the same age? Plus Bam is about to be a future P4P star once he unifies, especially if he fights Chocolatito next. But I just find it interesting that he fights just like Canizales.
      How can he fight just like him when he's southpaw and Orlando is orthodox? If anything he fights more like Lomachenko with Orlando's power. The relation I see in all of this though is how Bam and his brother are both world champions in the same division at the same time just like Orlando and Gaby were.

Comment

The legend 'Little hands of stone' Michael Carbajal presenting Jessie with the WBC Superfly-title, what an honor!
        KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Thats a great win for Rodriguez against Cuadras, and he did it as a late replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
            How can he fight just like him when he's southpaw and Orlando is orthodox? If anything he fights more like Lomachenko with Orlando's power. The relation I see in all of this though is how Bam and his brother are both world champions in the same division at the same time just like Orlando and Gaby were.
            Oh yeah, sure. I mean, he said that he learned his angles from Lomachenko, that's he's taken a lot from Loma. Definitely. And obviously Orlando is not a southpaw, but Orlando fought like Loma and Bam. Loma is a little bit different the way he moves around. HIs footwork is different. Bam uses the pendulum step like Canizales, although Orlando was a little faster than Bam. Here, I'll show you what a mean, southpaw notwithstanding:

Bam is still learning. He'll get more variety as he gets older. You can see the variations in Orlando's footwork. Really, all three of them are very similar. Orlando, however, was the OG.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

Oh yeah, sure. I mean, he said that he learned his angles from Lomachenko, that's he's taken a lot from Loma. Definitely. And obviously Orlando is not a southpaw, but Orlando fought like Loma and Bam. Loma is a little bit different the way he moves around. HIs footwork is different. Bam uses the pendulum step like Canizales, although Orlando was a little faster than Bam. Here, I'll show you what a mean, southpaw notwithstanding:

Bam is still learning. He'll get more variety as he gets older. You can see the variations in Orlando's footwork. Really, all three of them are very similar. Orlando, however, was the OG.
              Yeah I know what you mean the way he shifts and throws shots right after that's how Bam knocked down Cuadras just the punch selection is different but yeah it is similar to the way Orlando threw his just from a different stance. But yeah it makes sense I asked Robert Garcia on a live one time what he thought about Orlando Canizales and he said he was one of his favorite fighters because of the angles he used. Orlando was much better technically than Gaby but they both hit hard as hell for their size and even all the fights that Orlando lost were all close with the exception of the first Gonzales fight which he avenged.

Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                Yeah I know what you mean the way he shifts and throws shots right after that's how Bam knocked down Cuadras just the punch selection is different but yeah it is similar to the way Orlando threw his just from a different stance. But yeah it makes sense I asked Robert Garcia on a live one time what he thought about Orlando Canizales and he said he was one of his favorite fighters because of the angles he used. Orlando was much better technically than Gaby but they both hit hard as hell for their size and even all the fights that Orlando lost were all close with the exception of the first Gonzales fight which he avenged.
                Oh cool! Yeah, I think he KO'd what's his name. Or ... actually that fight was stopped on a cut, but Orlando would have beat him anyway if they didn't stop it. When he avenged his loss. The fist fight was fought in 115 or 120 degree weather. Something crazy like that.

Anyway, I forgot to mention in my other post that when Orlando takes the weak side angle, he switches into southpaw. Aka, the killer shift.
                Last edited by Cypocryphy; 02-08-2022, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X