Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr: It's Very Possible That You Can See Me [Fight] Three Times In A Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    He's going to get beat soon. He didn't capitalize on the title. He'll be gate keeping for peanuts 3 times a year.

    Comment


    • #12
      Well, I hope he fights at least twice a year. Guy is 33 now. Soon he’ll be out of his prime (if he isn’t already).

      last chance to make some noise and earn the right to fight a big name and make big bucks. The last 7 years should have shown him if he isn’t active, fans will move on and forget about him. If fans are don’t care about you, why would any big name fighter risk calling you out?
      Last edited by JJRod; 01-22-2022, 01:39 AM.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
        I mean if he fought more he possibly wouldn't be the longest reigning champ it's easy to hold on to a title fighting limited opposition once a year. I like Russell he is talented but I think the reason he only fights once a year is to preserve his brittle hands that he has always had issues with.
        fight who? Who should he fight? He fought more than once a year when he fought tomato cans and he got flack for that too. Now he’s fighting solely top contenders and he’s getting flack. And he gets avoided, so question posed, FIGHT WHO?

        Comment


        • #14
          No one believes that Gary. See you in 2023.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post

            fight who? Who should he fight? He fought more than once a year when he fought tomato cans and he got flack for that too. Now he’s fighting solely top contenders and he’s getting flack. And he gets avoided, so question posed, FIGHT WHO?
            Obviously, NOBODY but mandys in his weight class. He's always barking at people in higher weight classes and swearing up and down he wants the Loma rematch (which he doesn't) but when's the last time you heard him call out a 26er???

            He's good but he's corny as hell.

            "Nobody wants to fight me." -GRJ

            "Me thinks thou doth protest too much." -William Shakespeare

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post

              Obviously, NOBODY but mandys in his weight class. He's always barking at people in higher weight classes and swearing up and down he wants the Loma rematch (which he doesn't) but when's the last time you heard him call out a 26er???

              He's good but he's corny as hell.

              "Nobody wants to fight me." -GRJ

              "Me thinks thou doth protest too much." -William Shakespeare
              Fellow champion. Leo Santa Cruz. Literally all the time. Oscar Valdez before he moved up. Loma. Carl Frampton when he was champ. He literally called out every established champ at 126 (navarrete I haven’t heard, but Russell shouldn’t have to call out brand new champs) since he’s been at the weight. Next argument?

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post

                fight who? Who should he fight? He fought more than once a year when he fought tomato cans and he got flack for that too. Now he’s fighting solely top contenders and he’s getting flack. And he gets avoided, so question posed, FIGHT WHO?
                I'm pretty sure he denied the Devin Haney fight over money. If no one wants to fight him at 126 I'm sure he could find some fights at 130 as well.

                Comment


                • #18
                  He's the wort champion of all time

                  Just retire

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post

                    Fellow champion. Leo Santa Cruz. Literally all the time. Oscar Valdez before he moved up. Loma. Carl Frampton when he was champ. He literally called out every established champ at 126 (navarrete I haven’t heard, but Russell shouldn’t have to call out brand new champs) since he’s been at the weight. Next argument?
                    Loma beat him every singe round and barely broke a sweat

                    gary sucks
                    AmpMcv likes this.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post

                      Loma beat him every singe round and barely broke a sweat

                      gary sucks
                      This is a lie and you obviously dksab.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP