Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook: I Really Dislike Amir Khan, I Can't Wait To Punch His Face In!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    no current fighter has taken anything close to the type of risk Brook did in fighting ggg and Spence back to back. They’ll try to pretend that they’re taking massive risks but often times it’s just a calculated move where minimal risk is involved. Probably want the smartest move to make but his performance against ggg is the reason guys finally stopped ducking ggg and next to Porter, probably gave Spence his toughest fight.
    ——-
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
      no current fighter has taken anything close to the type of risk Brook did in fighting ggg and Spence back to back. They’ll try to pretend that they’re taking massive risks but often times it’s just a calculated move where minimal risk is involved. Probably want the smartest move to make but his performance against ggg is the reason guys finally stopped ducking ggg and next to Porter, probably gave Spence his toughest fight.
      Those where big risky fights, which did not really make long term business sense 'Especially the Golovkin fight'.

In those situations, the fighters need to be protected from themselves. Kell Brook vs Golovkin was the worst peace of promoting and management that Eddie Hearn has ever produced 'Deep down Hearn probably knows this, and has learnt from this situation in his career'.

Golovkin was no mega star, although he was a top fighter. Kell Brook in one fight, damaged his career and has since been trying to recover. It was bad management jumping straight up to 160 pounds, before the fight? I stated that it takes bones a longer time to acclimatize to different weights. Brook had the muscle for 160 pounds, but his frame was still only accustomed to the strength and power of the Welterweight division.

You can sometimes come across body builders-power lifters stating that you must progress up in weight at a measured pace, because muscle strengthens faster than bones, tendons and ligaments. Brook in a ideal world if he was going to fight Golovkin, should of had 1 fight at 160 pounds before jumping in with Golovkin.

Chris Eubank Senior, smartly protected Chris Eubank Junior. And stopped him from taking the Golovkin fight, but I would imagine he done it in a way which did not insult Eubank Juniors character.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post

That is a very positive way of looking at it. I read it more like Kell Brook and his dad have been known to be deluded and after mega money (no shame in that) for years, and basically ended up cashing Kell Brook out at his peak - terrible match making and mismanagement of a career imo.

Brook has looked shot to pieces ever since. If Khan trains properly for this fight, and rides Brook's shots, I see him humiliating Kell Brook here - which imo would be a fitting end to his career. He's basically a more exciting version of Junior Witter, must be something in the water up there...
        Not entirely true. Nobody wanted any part of kell when he beat Porter. Thurman didn’t mention him neither did Mayweather of pacquiao. Spence was a nobody at the time. Kell offered to fight GGG only because Eubank turned it down.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Those where big risky fights, which did not really make long term business sense 'Especially the Golovkin fight'.

In those situations, the fighters need to be protected from themselves. Kell Brook vs Golovkin was the worst peace of promoting and management that Eddie Hearn has ever produced 'Deep down Hearn probably knows this, and has learnt from this situation in his career'.

Golovkin was no mega star, although he was a top fighter. Kell Brook in one fight, damaged his career and has since been trying to recover. It was bad management jumping straight up to 160 pounds, before the fight? I stated that it takes bones a longer time to acclimatize to different weights. Brook had the muscle for 160 pounds, but his frame was still only accustomed to the strength and power of the Welterweight division.

You can sometimes come across body builders-power lifters stating that you must progress up in weight at a measured pace, because muscle strengthens faster than bones, tendons and ligaments. Brook in a ideal world if he was going to fight Golovkin, should of had 1 fight at 160 pounds before jumping in with Golovkin.

Chris Eubank Senior, smartly protected Chris Eubank Junior. And stopped him from taking the Golovkin fight, but I would imagine he done it in a way which did not insult Eubank Juniors character.
          I think it was less about acclimatisation and more about Golovkin’s punching power versus the strength of Kell’s orbital bones. Once he had a plate in one the only other bit that could then flex was the other side. To this day I still think he would’ve beaten Spence had he not taken the GGG fight. He was having the better of him in exchanges until his face broke apart again.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
            Khan fights like a amateur. He will jump in using his speed for the first 4 or 5 rounds then get put to sleep. His wife has a better chin than he does
            I too was never a fan of his boxing style.

Comment

Out of the 2 of them, Kell Brook is definitely the better boxer, better chin, and tougher. Plus, Khan hasn’t had a bout since pre pandemic!

Kell Brook isn’t great by any stretch, but he won rounds against Spence and GGG and looked good before getting stopped. That counts for something. Even against Crawford he looked decent up until he got sparked.

Comment

You never really know if boxers dislike each other but i get impression brook dont like amir and amir dont like brook. But tomorows another day. When they get a pay day off of each other and shared history together, they might become buddies. or amicable. Like benn and eubank. I guess theyre not best friends but look how tolerant they are of each other now youd not have guessed it.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  You never really know if boxers dislike each other but i get impression brook dont like amir and amir dont like brook. But tomorows another day. When they get a pay day off of each other and shared history together, they might become buddies. or amicable. Like benn and eubank. I guess theyre not best friends but look how tolerant they are of each other now youd not have guessed it.
                  Not to mention Froch and Groves - amazed to see them getting along just fine in recent interviews.

Comment

Please punch Khan's face in. PLEASE DO IT. We really dont like that little rat

Comment

Well that makes two of us then

Comment

Working...
                      X