Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: If Whyte Wants Fury Fight and Stops Messing Around, He Can Get a Good Payday!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: If Whyte Wants Fury Fight and Stops Messing Around, He Can Get a Good Payday!

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, who co-promotes WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, says a mandatory fight with Dillian Whyte can happen - but only under the conditions that Whyte is reasonable with his financial demands.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If true, that figure seems far more than Whyte has been making. Obviously there's another agenda here, probably with Hearn behind it? Or as with when he was offered Joshua rematch, Whyte just doesn't want the fight?

Comment

I think Whyte should just take the 20%. It will still result in at least a few million I'm sure.

If he says no, and drags on the legal stuff, he might lose out on a title shot altogether.

That goes for life as I have learnt unfortunately. If you miss a golden opportunity, there's no guarantee you'll ever get a great opportunity again, be it for a job or other areas of life.
      Last edited by Liondw; 01-13-2022, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Dillian Whyte, take the 25%, and take the fight! Negotiate for more in the rematch clause! The WBC is not on your side!
        Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Whyte was widely reported as making 5.4 million dollars for Povetkin 1 (take home not purse)

Honestly if no silly clauses I hope he just takes the offer but Hearn isn't behind anything, Arum can negotiate direct and make the deal direct but Hearn can say look if it comes to purse bids we'll bid x amount to keep Bob honest.

At the minute purse bids, Tyson and Whyte make the most I suspect.

Originally posted by tokon View Post
          If true, that figure seems far more than Whyte has been making. Obviously there's another agenda here, probably with Hearn behind it? Or as with when he was offered Joshua rematch, Whyte just doesn't want the fight?

Comment

Bob was offering Whyte 45 % then he saw a photograph of him ...
            "but he said he was white "

(sorry couldn't resist)

Comment

Whyte rejected £5m, why would he accept $5m vs the guy who they say is bigger/better than aj?

if they offered Whyte $5m and told him 'this is your 20%' guarantee minimum and the rest is contingent on ppv sales..that's a problem.
              the problem here is they value this on Fury's $20m purses from espn, when this fight is a uk fight and wont do numbers in the US. Since it is based on the uk, we dont know if bt sports or tyson fury are going to generate major money, it might only do 500k ppv sales which means whyte wont get anythin gmore than the $5m.
              bt sports do bad ppv numbers compared to sky. Tyson's highest ppv number in the uk on primetime sky sports box office was 600k ppv buys vs klitschko. AJ did 1.5m for the same fight. So there's no telling how well it does.
              So whyte says 'give me $10m' and they say 'he wants 45%'.

then it leads to a purse bid situation where dazn want to pay more than bt/sky sports would pay..
              what happens? eddie thinks 'why should we feed tyson fury 80%?'

Comment

LOL the odds are gonna be stupid in this fight. I don't see whyte winning a round and he's getting knocked the **** out in 4 or 5.

Comment

Whyte knows he has no chance, he just wants to cash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                    LOL the odds are gonna be stupid in this fight. I don't see whyte winning a round and he's getting knocked the **** out in 4 or 5.
                    Yeah they give Whyte an 18% chance of winning....

Comment

Working...
                    X