Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman: Once I Feel Comfortable - I'll Go For Greatness!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm excited to see Keith back in the ring. Hopefully, he can regain the form he had years ago before all the injuries took their toll. We'll know a lot more once he fights Barrios. He definitely didn't look great against Josesito Lopez after his last long layoff. But, except for round 7, he dominated him. And while he was hurt that round, he didn't go down and came back strong at the end of the round. What bothered me most back then about his performance was his punching power didn't seem to be there.

His fight against PacMan was a mixed bag. Great fight. Got hurt to the body late. He was winning the first round, then made the mistake of pulling straight back and got knocked down. More off balance than hurt. Had that not happened, the fight would have been a Majority Draw. But, once again, he had an injury. Seems to happen a lot with hard punchers (GGG being the exception).

As I've posted before, love him or hate him (most seem to be haters), Keith's fights are exciting. Why wouldn't you tune in to watch? Much like people's Floyd hate they tuned in hoping he would lose. But with Keith, haters are more likely to get their wish given his injuries and layoffs. So tune in, haters!

As a fan of Thurman, I hope he's got another run left in him. Time will tell.

Lastly, I will say that I do HATE it when people talk about themselves in the 3rd person, Keith included. All respect to user Nash Out though, because he seems to be doing it in jest.

Comment

People hate on Thurman and act as though he’s some C class fighter when his only loss is to a future hall of gamer and all time great, Manny Pacquiao. Injuries consistently happen to all athletes in all sports. So why the hate??? How many fights can you name in welterweight history that were more exciting than Thurman vs Porter or Thurman vs Pacquiao??? There’s a few but not many. Out of all the current welterweights, Thurman has the best personality and is articulate and gives the best interviews. What’s not to like about this guy??? There’s a strong possibility that he has lost valuable years to injury and may never be the same fighter, but I’ll be rooting for him until he retires. I appreciate fighters that strive to be great and leaves it all in the ring, win or lose. Did he duck Spence a few years back??? Yes, if you think boxing is a **** fight with a “meet me out back to settle matters” type of sport. No! Boxing is a business. Thurman simply wanted the Spence fight to be his “Super Bowl.” He wanted Spence to build himself up, back then, to what he is today. That makes business sense.

Comment

Less talk more action. It’s that simple.........
        real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
          Is there anything more grandiose than referring to yourself in the third person ? Stop it Keith.
          Nash out...

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
            People hate on Thurman and act as though he’s some C class fighter when his only loss is to a future hall of gamer and all time great.
            Hall of gamer, or HOG as we like to call it...

Mario040481 Mario040481 likes this.

Comment

People hate on Thurman and act as though he’s some C class fighter when his only loss is to a future hall of gamer and all time great, Manny Pacquiao.
              Yep. The problem is, Pacquiao and Mayweather have fans with no sense of history thinking that unless you stay in your prime for a decade, you were never actually great. It's comical.

Thurman had it ALL during his prime - speed, power, great chin, killer instinct, stamina too throw big punches for 12 rounds and look fresh the whole time. But he peaked around the Porter/Garcias fight in 2016-17 and it's been downhill since the injuries/layoffs.

The completely defensive, low output fighter that fought freakin' Josesito Lopez had no resemblance to Thurman in his prime.

Comment

People hate on Thurman and act as though he’s some C class fighter when his only loss is to a future hall of gamer and all time great, Manny Pacquiao. Injuries consistently happen to all athletes in all sports. So why the hate??? How many fights can you name in welterweight history that were more exciting than Thurman vs Porter or Thurman vs Pacquiao??? There’s a few but not many. Out of all the current welterweights, Thurman has the best personality and is articulate and gives the best interviews. What’s not to like about this guy??? There’s a strong possibility that he has lost valuable years to injury and may never be the same fighter, but I’ll be rooting for him until he retires. I appreciate fighters that strive to be great and leaves it all in the ring, win or lose. Did he duck Spence a few years back??? Yes, if you think boxing is a **** fight with a “meet me out back to settle matters” type of sport. No! Boxing is a business. Thurman simply wanted the Spence fight to be his “Super Bowl.” He wanted Spence to build himself up, back then, to what he is today. That makes business sense.
                Thurman's resume is paper thin. He's king among b class fighters, and much more talk than action. He's a better hype-man than a fighter.

Comment

People hate on Thurman and act as though he’s some C class fighter when his only loss is to a future hall of gamer and all time great, Manny Pacquiao.
                  Refer to post #10.

Comment

Thurman will be the "name" that Boots Ennis puts on his resume before making the big leap up in 2023

Comment

Keith will do fine. He is a changed person and that may reflect in the ring, but he is gonna give it his all. Now don’t be surprised if he lights a fire again in the Welterweight Division

Comment

Working...
                      X