Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stephen Edwards Talks Julian Williams and Kyrone Davis' Futures, Crawford, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stephen Edwards Talks Julian Williams and Kyrone Davis' Futures, Crawford, More

In this Q&A world class trainer and BoxingScene.com contributor Stephen "Breadman" Edwards discusses the futures of two of his fighters who suffered recent losses.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Where's Usyk on the P4P list?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Where's Usyk on the P4P list?
      Usyk definitely deserves to be in the convo with Canelo and Crawford. His run to unify a division was arguably against the toughest competition of the 3 and his convincing win over Joshua as an undersized underdog is arguably better than any win the other 2 have had.

Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Bread came out here to the West and took two losses back home to the East Coast.

Hopefully his fighters will improve from the experience.

Comment

Yeah I dont know what the heck happened to J-rock in that fight. I clearly had him winning when I had to leave get more beers and food. Got back for the decision and was like What the heck did I miss???

Wonder what he means about J-rock needing to handle some sht 1st??

Comment

I think Bread did an EXCELLENT job with Davis in the Benavidez fight. Especially being last minute.

Props to both!

Comment

Never knock a trainer when he’s down in the dumps but I have been around this sport a bit longer than even Stephen without the platform but as a former amateur and professional fighter. Davis May or may not have a future it depends on the effects of his last fight and how his body responds at 160, if he fights to win or just like an opponent. As for JRock, I believe he’s done! Here’s why: No confidence, chin suspect and conditioning issues but he has talent but he and Tony Harrison on the same boat.that’s sinking and they have no life jacket and can’t swim well but are in very deep!

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                Usyk definitely deserves to be in the convo with Canelo and Crawford. His run to unify a division was arguably against the toughest competition of the 3 and his convincing win over Joshua as an undersized underdog is arguably better than any win the other 2 have had.
                Hmmm..... can't argue with this

Comment

J-Rock got worn down by engaging in mid-range. He could have fought smarter and won. He couldn't maintain distance and there was no adjustment even though he was taking too much DMG and it wasn't working.

Comment

Working...
                  X