Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis On Recent Mikey Garcia Loss: 'I Was The Biggest Loser; I Would Have Destroyed Mikey'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regis, we ain't trying to hear what you would have done vs Mikey! Regis is still living off a close fight vs Taylor while his career is slowly passing by.
    real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Green View Post

Financially it was a win but u gotta ask yourself, after that fight he's never looked the same and how many other big fights would there have been if he didn't fight Spence, short-term thinking, but I guess it's a lot of $ in the here and now
      I agree with you! No doubt the Errol payday was probably really really good but imagine Mikey still being in the thick of it right now at 2021.
      Imagine if Mikey was still the veteran who is still had something in the tank being chased or chasing the likes of Kambosos, Loma, Tank, Devin, Teo, Ryan and co.
      Tony Green Tony Green likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        He's been chasing Ramirez for far too long! Plus Ramirez is fighting Pedraza! Prograis needs a fight ASAP! None of those 3 fighters have a fight pending! Maybe Puello? Puello is sitting at WBA #1, and just fought recently.
        Puello is the fight he should go after as he's WBA mandatory. Wether Puello would fight him or not is another matter. In any case his next fight looks likely to be Tyrone McKenna, probably out in Dubai. And that's from the horse's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
          It's amazing what a very close win/loss can do for fighter's careers. Whilst I see Taylor in most top 10 P4P lists, and often as high as 5, Prograis is kind of forgotten about. People (fans of Taylor especially) seem to forget that Taylor vs Prograis was razor close, and could have went either way. Nash had it 115-113 Taylor, but would have been fine with it the other way. Great fight too, would love a rematch of that, and Nash favours Prograis. Taylor is great, but he's getting hyped like he's on the Fury, Canelo, Crawford level, he isn't. Nash out.

I don’t think anyone who knows about boxing ever thought Regis was anything less than a very close number two to JT. He would probably have a chance of stopping Jose Ramirez and he would be undisputed if JT didn’t exist.

I think you’re doing Josh a disservice . Fury has never cleaned out a division, Canelo picked the easiest one to clean out and Crawford’s undisputed reign seems a long long time ago. There are very few boxers with the balls to enter a 3 round competition, even with belts and money on the line.
          evets evets JuanSkinner JuanSkinner like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post

I agree with you! No doubt the Errol payday was probably really really good but imagine Mikey still being in the thick of it right now at 2021.
            Imagine if Mikey was still the veteran who is still had something in the tank being chased or chasing the likes of Kambosos, Loma, Tank, Devin, Teo, Ryan and co.
            Exactly. If Mikey took the Loma fight instead he could have got other big fights around the weight class Instead. Moving to 147 was definitely a short/long term move.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
              It's amazing what a very close win/loss can do for fighter's careers. Whilst I see Taylor in most top 10 P4P lists, and often as high as 5, Prograis is kind of forgotten about. People (fans of Taylor especially) seem to forget that Taylor vs Prograis was razor close, and could have went either way. Nash had it 115-113 Taylor, but would have been fine with it the other way. Great fight too, would love a rematch of that, and Nash favours Prograis. Taylor is great, but he's getting hyped like he's on the Fury, Canelo, Crawford level, he isn't. Nash out.
              Im no fan of Taylor but it wasnt Razor close. Taylor won 8-4 or even 9-3. Again Im no Taylor fan but dude has done more in 16 fights than any fighter(s) you mentioned.

And no, Taylor beats Prograis more decisively in a rematch.

Comment

He's a good fighter. He needs to kick on now as he's been in the background since the Taylor loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

Im no fan of Taylor but it wasnt Razor close. Taylor won 8-4 or even 9-3. Again Im no Taylor fan but dude has done more in 16 fights than any fighter(s) you mentioned.

And no, Taylor beats Prograis more decisively in a rematch.
                  I never saw one 9-3 scorecard out of thousands online, experts and fans. The most common score was 115-113 Taylor, followed by 114-114, followed by 115-113 Prograis, then a few 116-112 Taylor, but that's giving Taylor everything imo. Very, very close fight. 117-111 would have been one of the worst scorecards of all-time. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Puello is the fight he should go after as he's WBA mandatory. Wether Puello would fight him or not is another matter. In any case his next fight looks likely to be Tyrone McKenna, probably out in Dubai. And that's from the horse's mouth.
                    I have never seen McKenna. I doubt he's much better than Brandun Lee, or Gary Antuanne Russell! McKenna has only 6 KOs in 25 fights! Gary Antuanne 14 in 14, Brandun Lee has 22 in 24! MAN UP!

Comment

Joshs eye made it look worse and Taylors lack of American fan base made it hard for the Scot to get recognition. Also Prograis does a decent job at self promoting himself as the best thing since sliced bread.

Anyways, everyone is entitled to their own scorecard but 1 thing is forsure and that Josh Taylor deserves to be top 10 p4p. Valiant efforts just get you another payday.

Comment

Working...
                      X