Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: Don't Know How Commey Fought Through 7th Round; Credit Corner For Knowing Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pugil1st View Post
    About that round. Commey showed a lot of heart in that round and for the rest of the fight but I hope fans weren't fooled by ESPN's coverage that portrayed Loma as a concerned sportsman about his health. He was taunting plain and simple. Just like in other fights when he imitates his opponents or acts like a matador. He never gets called on it. While other fighters are considered scum of the earth for doing the same.
    agreed. heard from a few fighters that say he's arrogant AF. shot in the 7th was pretty much in the clinch as well. I just can't warm to the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by pugil1st View Post
      About that round. Commey showed a lot of heart in that round and for the rest of the fight but I hope fans weren't fooled by ESPN's coverage that portrayed Loma as a concerned sportsman about his health. He was taunting plain and simple. Just like in other fights when he imitates his opponents or acts like a matador. He never gets called on it. While other fighters are considered scum of the earth for doing the same.
      When I saw it, I just thought “he wants this over so he can take the rest of the night off”, so just assumed he couldn’t actually be arsed with the fight once Lopez had lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
        ——-
        Who was he taunting? Commey’s team? It clearly looked like he was urging Commey’s team to throw in the towel. Years ago Roy Jones did the same thing to the ref, concerned about his overmatched opponent.
        Skip to the 4:10 mark and watch Roy do the same thing Loma did

https://youtu.be/GEQ60Dda1e4
        He was clearly taunting the corner, there's nothing wrong with that though
        Last edited by Walexhris; 12-15-2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X