Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua on Uysk Loss: I'm Angry, It's Growing, But It's Fueling Me Every Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
    I don't know that's a good question depends on the contract, my opinion is no too high risk low reward if he wins he will move on to Fury but that wouldn't sit well with me because it wouldn't be fair to Usyk. It seems that almost every fight Joshua has a built in rematch clause regardless of who he fights.
    Agreed. He moved on once he got the belts back from Ruiz.
    Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

Another wealthy high profile boxer not enrolled for 24/7/365 testing, preferring the extremely lax UKAD regime instead.
      SugarDeanC*ntly SugarDeanC*ntly likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
        Joshua is the new Frank Bruno. Whatever anger he has cannot compete with the skill and courage of a man like Uysk and he will be unable to deal with the iron will of Fury.
        “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better" Theodore Roosevelt.

If you think Frank Bruno lacked courage, you do not know the meaning of courage. Yes this version of Anthony Joshua is regressed, but throughout his entire career he has been tested more than Usyk 'Usyk has never gotten up off the deck to win a fight' Anthony Joshua has vs Wladimir Kiltschko, who in my opinion at that time was better than this version of Usyk 'And hit with by far more power'.

I think Joshua will win the rematch via stoppage, he trained with the wrong philosophy and fought with completely the wrong game plan during the first fight.

Comment

I don't agree with all the comparisons to Frank Bruno. Bruno said he had nightmares about facing Mike Tyson. Literally. Because one fighter is better does not necessarily mean the contender is weak. I trust AJ sincerely believes what hes saying. Idk why, but he did the same thing with Ruiz, Idk if it was underestimation, but for whatever reason he did not fight as hard as he should have and it cost him. Their rematch was as one sided as it was bc AJ was hungrier. Personally, I think Usyk will beat him again, because hes the superior tactician. If you watch the AJ-Klitzschko fight, it was like a man fighting his clone. Same stiff movements and three or four punch combos. He fights like an actor whose trained to box for a role. A fighter like Usyk is his perfect foil, because Usyk fights smarter, just like Wilder v. Fury. A big puncher will be beaten by a good technician everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
            People definitely don’t still consider him champion more like a twice beaten former champ who would get beaten by at least 6 fighters in his division lmao
            He was always a paper champ, with belts bought by Eddie. Then belts won off fattest athlete in history, who forgot to train for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBarrett View Post
              I don't agree with all the comparisons to Frank Bruno. Bruno said he had nightmares about facing Mike Tyson. Literally. Because one fighter is better does not necessarily mean the contender is weak. I trust AJ sincerely believes what hes saying. Idk why, but he did the same thing with Ruiz, Idk if it was underestimation, but for whatever reason he did not fight as hard as he should have and it cost him. Their rematch was as one sided as it was bc AJ was hungrier. Personally, I think Usyk will beat him again, because hes the superior tactician. If you watch the AJ-Klitzschko fight, it was like a man fighting his clone. Same stiff movements and three or four punch combos. He fights like an actor whose trained to box for a role. A fighter like Usyk is his perfect foil, because Usyk fights smarter, just like Wilder v. Fury. A big puncher will be beaten by a good technician everytime.
              Ruiz rematch was one sided because Ruiz was morbidly obese for that fight and hadn't trained.

Ruiz and Usyk both have a much higher boxing iq than AJ. That's why they beat him.

Comment

Joshua should have used his advantages in size and strength instead of trying to outbox a better boxer than himself. He should have come out and steamrolled Usyk. Whoever came up with the plan should be fired. He ought to see if Sugar Hill is willing to train him.

Comment

Originally posted by FinlandsFinest View Post

Id love to see Helenius whoop his ass. Ortiz Wilder and Joyce stop him too i think. Not sure about Ajagba he just lost to some no name.

Frank Sanchez is far from " some no name " . Google the guy . He's got some really good credentials .

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                    Another wealthy high profile boxer not enrolled for 24/7/365 testing, preferring the extremely lax UKAD regime instead.
                    I am not sure why people herald VADA as some sort of elite drug testing agency. USADA & UKAD are national organisations, not private run companies.

Comment

That's right show some emotion for once you god damn robot. Ned Flanders of boxing this guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X