Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrade-Alimkhanuly: WBO Formally Orders Mandatory Middleweight Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    So first they order Crawford to fight #2 Porter instead of #1 Vergil Ortiz Jr., and now they order Andrade to fight #2 Alimkhanuly instead of #1 Munguia! I wonder if they talked to Oscar first? Both #1 ranked fighters are his fighters!
    Munguia already asked to not be made the mandatory and Ortiz's people declined.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
      If a promoter can petition the WBO to make its 11-fight boxer a mandatory challenger for Andrade's title, why can't Boo Boo's people petition for a mandatory unification fight against other champions in the division like Charlo? All this calling people out during the post-fight interview is just lip service and accomplishes nothing.
      There are no such things as mandatory unifications.

Comment

Janibek is a dangerous opponent especially since even while being green he still destroyed Rob Bryant. If Janibek can tweek a few things I can see him beating Andrade. Honestly I can see Janibek beating anyone in this division with a lil more seasoning.
        _Rexy_ and Bob Haymon like this.

Comment

I am glad they are making Andrade fight a good fighter instead of the lousy fighters he cherry picked. his entire time as middleweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post

Munguia already asked to not be made the mandatory and Ortiz's people declined.
            If that's true, why do they remain in the #1 spots?

Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Great fight - lets see who's better. I hope Charlo/GGG/Murata do not avoid the winner

Comment

I am glad hope this guy is the real deal

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post

There are no such things as mandatory unifications.
                  You catch my drift though.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                    Not saying Janibek wins, but he could spoil things. Obviously he hasn't been in with someone like Andrade, but Demetrius also hasn't been in with someone as technically sound as Janibek in quite awhile. He's not the fastest or strongest guy but he can take advantage of lapses that Andrade tends to have. If other guys have "hurt" Andrade before, Janibek surely has enough pop as them. But it's pretty ****ing ridiculous how many mandatories this guy has to deal with.
                    I bet Andrade ducks him and asks the WBO to allow him to go to 168

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
                      Janibek is a dangerous opponent especially since even while being green he still destroyed Rob Bryant. If Janibek can tweek a few things I can see him beating Andrade. Honestly I can see Janibek beating anyone in this division with a lil more seasoning.
                      Yeah I give him a great chance to beat Andrade that's why I think he ducks him. We shall see

Comment

Working...
                      X