Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: JoJo Diaz: After I Beat Haney, I Would Love To Challenge Tank Davis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a big IF but we'll see.

IF he does win, he better not retreat from these comments.

Step up and fight the most dangerous man at 135. Don't do like Ryan and weasel away from boxing as a whole. Or like Teofimo and develop a god complex justifying not fighting anyone, even your mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      That is a big IF but we'll see.

IF he does win, he better not retreat from these comments.

Step up and fight the most dangerous man at 135. Don't do like Ryan and weasel away from boxing as a whole. Or like Teofimo and develop a god complex justifying not fighting anyone, even your mandatory.
      That's the thing about JoJo. I believe him when he says he wants the best at lightweight (Davis), although he'll get brutally KOed in this case. I always wanted to see that fight. Great style match up. Not sure he'd get past Haney tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Totally disagree. The skills on display against Linares were fantastic. To truly appreciate the sport you have to be able to see the quality of skills as well as just raw power. Admittedly I like a good ko as much as the next man, and I would like to see Haney get some more from time to time. But I also enjoy watching a masterclass. Us fans have to continue to learn also.
        Good, we shouldn’t all agree. I believe I can truly appreciate the sport without respecting the quality of certain fighting styles. Boxing is a sport of HIT and not get hit, if they can’t hit their opponents hard, I do not have to appreciate them for some other reason. “Hitting” is the start of that famous mantra, I will not overlook it. Klitschko brothers jab, hold, slow KO, very safe technique robbed from Ali, ruined heavyweight boxing for a decade plus. No need to respect it imo. Money May - jab, shoulder row, to a forearm to the throat with a hold. “The best ever”, not to me though. Sugar Ray Robinson would eat him for breakfast. And SRR style wouldn’t ruin boxing matches for years to come as Floyd did and still does. There is a price boxing fans pay for supporting what id call clown styles. I get your love for the sweet science though and Haney is slowly earning my respect too. Linaeres was old, not washed and that was gutsy win. Now Jojo. If he keeps active he will win me over eventually.
        Castilo Castilo Rodtang Rodtang like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Beast View Post

Good, we shouldn’t all agree. I believe I can truly appreciate the sport without respecting the quality of certain fighting styles. Boxing is a sport of HIT and not get hit, if they can’t hit their opponents hard, I do not have to appreciate them for some other reason. “Hitting” is the start of that famous mantra, I will not overlook it. Klitschko brothers jab, hold, slow KO, very safe technique robbed from Ali, ruined heavyweight boxing for a decade plus. No need to respect it imo. Money May - jab, shoulder row, to a forearm to the throat with a hold. “The best ever”, not to me though. Sugar Ray Robinson would eat him for breakfast. And SRR style wouldn’t ruin boxing matches for years to come as Floyd did and still does. There is a price boxing fans pay for supporting what id call clown styles. I get your love for the sweet science though and Haney is slowly earning my respect too. Linaeres was old, not washed and that was gutsy win. Now Jojo. If he keeps active he will win me over eventually.
          Yeah it's all about opinions and I respect yours here. And agree with some also. But had Teo for example Ko'd Kambosos per his 1st round prediction, we'd all be calling the fight a joke. That said, if Kambosos had got the stoppage it would have been a shock, but same outcome. That fight gave us a great night of exciting boxing. A late stoppage is good, as I've said I like KO 's also. But we got to see great action, and have learned a lot about both those fighters. The Haney vs Linares fight gave us great action. Maybe not a ko but good quality boxing. And we got to see Haney in adversity, so we learn some more about him. I can see both sides for sure. I just don't want good fights to always end too quickly.
          kiaba360 kiaba360 Castilo Castilo like this.

Comment

If he does then he's got bigger nutz then everyone in the LW division.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              Sounds like a winner to me but I think tank’s schedule is probably booked with pbc fights. Tank is a verified PPV and ticket selling star who makes millions so no doubt everyone wants a shot
              ppv star? Lol

Comment

Haney going to beat U, and Tank will murder yo asssssssss no question about it!

Comment

I'm with it. Haney wins and goes straight to Kambosos. If Diaz wins, go for Tank.

I got Haney winning but we'll see. May the best man win.
                  kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasRaiders View Post

ppv star? Lol
                    Did I offend you?

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Totally disagree. The skills on display against Linares were fantastic. To truly appreciate the sport you have to be able to see the quality of skills as well as just raw power. Admittedly I like a good ko as much as the next man, and I would like to see Haney get some more from time to time. But I also enjoy watching a masterclass. Us fans have to continue to learn also.
                      Really? The skills on display against Linares were fantastic? Are you for real? It's easy to show "skills" against an old, shop worn fighter. Linares should've been an easy win for someone of Haney's supposed caliber but the fact that he got rocked by someone so past his prime proves that he is the definition of a hype job thus far. He's Kid Galahad level going into the Martinez fight. You Americans seem to think he's the next coming of Floyd Mayweather. Shakur has a better chance of doing that.

Comment

Working...
                      X